Campaign

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Ladislav
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Campaign

Post by Ladislav »

Hello, I am new to modding but I would like to create a campaign between Hungary and Ottoman Empire that would take place on the map used for the Great Turkish War (Balkans). I tried copying the latter, but was then prompted to create a scenario.

Can you please advise on how I should go about it? Obliged.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Campaign

Post by rbodleyscott »

If you cloned the Turkish campaign you should be able to work from the cloned folder, which you will find in /Documents/MyGames/PSCAMP/Campaigns.

Ignore the editor trying to get you to make a scenario, it does not know about campaigns.

You will need to edit various scripts in your cloned Turkish campaign folder to convert the campaign. There is no way that you can develop a campaign without scripting.

I can't give you a simple step by step guide, you will need to investigate the scripts to see how they work. But I can answer specific questions.

BTW, are you aware of Paul59's Suleiman the Magnificent campaign that is downloadable from the community content button in-game? That might actually be the campaign you want already. Certainly, if you haven't tried it, you should, it is really really good.
Richard Bodley Scott

Ladislav

Post by Ladislav »

Thanks - I will give the campaign a go.

Ok - one quick question. I would like to change the default flag of the fraction in the campaign in question, where would I go. Its currently the HRE, but I would like to swap it for Bohemia-Hungary.

Thanks!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Ladislav wrote:Thanks - I will give the campaign a go.

Ok - one quick question. I would like to change the default flag of the fraction in the campaign in question, where would I go. Its currently the HRE, but I would like to swap it for Bohemia-Hungary.

Thanks!
The campaign designer (Paul59) would need to answer that.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Modders Corner”