Noob question - how to edit squad.csv?

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Rhetor
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Noob question - how to edit squad.csv?

Post by Rhetor »

Dear All,

it is, of course, a novice's question, but it is not clear to me how to edit unit characteristics? I have found the squad.csv files in campaign folders, but there seems to be no explanation on which number represent what. Where do I find the legend for the columns?

I am mainly interested in reducing the range of firearms, tweak the mobility of artillery (especially when it comes to limbering/unlimbering) and, perhaps, more.. I don't seem to find the relevant guide on the forums. I would appreciate your help :)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Noob question - how to edit squad.csv?

Post by rbodleyscott »

Rhetor wrote:Dear All,

it is, of course, a novice's question, but it is not clear to me how to edit unit characteristics? I have found the squad.csv files in campaign folders, but there seems to be no explanation on which number represent what. Where do I find the legend for the columns?
Squads.csv is the version used by the program. However, there is also Squads.xlsx, which is formatted more clearly. I usually edit the latter then save a copy as .csv. Most of the headings are reasonably self-explanatory. If there are any whose meaning is unclear, please ask.
I am mainly interested in reducing the range of firearms, tweak the mobility of artillery (especially when it comes to limbering/unlimbering) and, perhaps, more.
Range of firearms, limbering and unlimbering are scripted. You will need to mod scripts rather than edit the squads file to change those things.

See also:

http://www.slitherinebravo.net/GameWiki ... tub_engine

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 22&t=53873
Richard Bodley Scott

Rhetor

Re: Noob question - how to edit squad.csv?

Post by Rhetor »

Thanks! I will give it a try soon.

Return to “Modders Corner”