Highlighting tiles

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Sedo
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Highlighting tiles

Post by Sedo »

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the texture that is displayed when mousing over a tile (e.g., if I wanted to port the inkbrush square from SJ into P&S) in a modded campaign folder? I have altered the .dds files UI/Textures/Battle in a custom campaign folder, but when I load the campaign it seems to be displaying the originals.

-Sedo
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Highlighting tiles

Post by rbodleyscott »

Sedo wrote:Does anyone know if it is possible to change the texture that is displayed when mousing over a tile (e.g., if I wanted to port the inkbrush square from SJ into P&S) in a modded campaign folder? I have altered the .dds files UI/Textures/Battle in a custom campaign folder, but when I load the campaign it seems to be displaying the originals.

-Sedo
If they are in

/DATA/UI/TEXTURES/BATTLE

in your campaign folder they should work.
Richard Bodley Scott

Sedo

Post by Sedo »

Thanks Richard! I do have the modded textures in /DATA/UI/TEXTURES/BATTLE

However, only a few seem to be displaying correctly. For instance, in deployment mode, the eligible deployment tiles are highlighted with the modded texture, and when I turn on the LOS/LOF function the modified versions display correctly.

I noticed that these textures (the ones that work) are those that are called by SetTileDisplayTexture functions in Move.bsf and Callbacks.bsf respectively.

All other tile highlights, including the mouseover texture and eligible tiles to move to (after deployment) still show the original white highlights. I am working on a light colored tile set, and the white highights are hard to see, so I would like to mod them to something darker without altering the core files. Are these textures hardcoded, or are they referenced by a SetTileDisplayTexture function somewhere in the game code that I have not located yet?

Thanks for any information you have.

-Sedo
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Sedo wrote:Thanks Richard! I do have the modded textures in /DATA/UI/TEXTURES/BATTLE

However, only a few seem to be displaying correctly. For instance, in deployment mode, the eligible deployment tiles are highlighted with the modded texture, and when I turn on the LOS/LOF function the modified versions display correctly.

I noticed that these textures (the ones that work) are those that are called by SetTileDisplayTexture functions in Move.bsf and Callbacks.bsf respectively.

All other tile highlights, including the mouseover texture and eligible tiles to move to (after deployment) still show the original white highlights. I am working on a light colored tile set, and the white highights are hard to see, so I would like to mod them to something darker without altering the core files. Are these textures hardcoded, or are they referenced by a SetTileDisplayTexture function somewhere in the game code that I have not located yet?
I believe their use is hard-coded. I am surprised, however, that they don't pick up on custom versions in your campaign. I will ask Pip.
Richard Bodley Scott

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Unfortunately the loading of those textures doesn't use overrides. Sorry!

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Modders Corner”