Failed to load...

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

urkki63
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Failed to load...

Post by urkki63 »

Hi all,

I´m sure this is a stupid question of the highest order but but I downloaded the Narva 1700 mod from the games (P&S C) scenario library and it fails to play. I get an Error message that says: Failed to load required asset file CAVALIERS_UNARM_VETERAN *(0). A corrupt file somewhere? If so, where can I get a replacement? Or is it something else?

Some other mods do the same, Blenheim failed to load some musketeers I think it was while others play without problems.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance,

Henry
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Failed to load...

Post by rbodleyscott »

Is this in Pike and Shot: Campaigns or Pike and Shot?
Richard Bodley Scott

urkki63
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by urkki63 »

rbodleyscott wrote:Is this in Pike and Shot: Campaigns or Pike and Shot?
Pike and Shot: Campaigns.

Henry
urkki63
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by urkki63 »

Additional information (Narva)

Having killed the first error message comes this:

***Unhandled exception! ExpCode: 0x80000003 ExpFlags: 0 ExpAddress: 0x00490240 Please report!

Absolutely no idea..

Henry
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

I can only suggest deleting the Narva folder from \My Documents\My Games\PSCAMP and redownloading it.
Richard Bodley Scott

macdonncadh
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by macdonncadh »

That's the same error message I got when trying to test my modified Squads file. I came to the conclusion (possibly erroneously) that my problem stemmed from the way I was converting and re-converting from XLSX to CVS, using an online application.

Also, isn't the assetfilename - CAVALIERS_UNARM_VETERAN *(0) - a little long? I was initially having problems because some of my assetfilenames were in excess of 18 characters...
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

To see if I could replicate this problem I have deleted my version of Narva from my PC and downloaded it again. It works perfectly.

It sounds like your copy of the game does not have the Cavaliers_Unarm_Veteran unit. I think this unit was added with the official "Le Roi Soleil" update. Have you purchased that update? If not, that probably explains your problem. Maybe some new Musketeer units were added with Le Roi Soleil, which would explain your problem with Blenheim too.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
urkki63
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by urkki63 »

Deleted/redownloaded Narva 4 times all together but it works fine now. Blenheim and Plassey (2 redownloads each) are both ok as well. With Narva, it was always the same CAVALIERS that failed to load, Blenheim and Plassey failed with NUSKETEERS, can´t remember what Lund wanted. Newbury worked perfectly from the start.

So everything´s fine now. I don´t mind a few extra downloads if that`s all it takes.An ancestor of mine actually fought at Narva that day with the Björneborgs regiment. Let´s see how the old regiment does this time around..

Thanks for your help,

Henry

Return to “Modders Corner”