Skirmish Battle Modding

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Skirmish Battle Modding

Post by TheGrayMouser »

I have poked around the various files to see if I could figure this out and my gut tells me is hard coded BUT I wonder if the following would be possible

A) change the army custom points from increments of 100 AP's to 25 ( or maybe even 10)

(I'm trying to sketch out a campaign system with march attrition based on terrain types march thru (with battles fought out in the skirmish mode) but increments of 100 is not granular enough)

B ) allow the custom Height of a skirmish MAP to be less than 16 grids
( as it is when using attack function it too easy to ignore the (somewhat) minimal fortifications of the defender and simply go round the flanks. 16 helps somewhat, especially if using a mountain map but would be great to have a little smaller

Cheers!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Skirmish Battle Modding

Post by rbodleyscott »

TheGrayMouser wrote:I have poked around the various files to see if I could figure this out and my gut tells me is hard coded BUT I wonder if the following would be possible

A) change the army custom points from increments of 100 AP's to 25 ( or maybe even 10)

(I'm trying to sketch out a campaign system with march attrition based on terrain types march thru (with battles fought out in the skirmish mode) but increments of 100 is not granular enough)
It is hard-coded as far as I am aware.
B ) allow the custom Height of a skirmish MAP to be less than 16 grids
( as it is when using attack function it too easy to ignore the (somewhat) minimal fortifications of the defender and simply go round the flanks. 16 helps somewhat, especially if using a mountain map but would be great to have a little smaller)
I presume you mean 26 rather than 16.

It can't be less than 26 otherwise autodeploy does not work correctly. You would need to also completely rewrite the autodeploy script to deploy wide rather than deep.
Richard Bodley Scott

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Skirmish Battle Modding

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Oops I did mean "width" which can be set as low as 16.

Thanks for the answers, I had a feeling they were hard coded.

Return to “Modders Corner”