Four Seasons Texture Mod Pack - Released.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Adebar
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Four Seasons Texture Mod Pack - Released.

Post by Adebar »

Description:

This is a texture mod pack for P&S. It's intended for creating scenarios with or converting scenarios using vanilla textures. As the name says, it can be used to depict the several seasons.

Icluded are textures for:

1. Spring
2. Summer
3. Autumn
4. Winter (without snow)
5. Winter (with snow)

See screenshots and comments below.

Feel free to use or mod the textures of the Four Seasons Mod Pack ad libitum.

Version History:

V.1. 06/04/16: Release.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/70zl9 ... ck_v.1.zip

Installation:

- Creating a new scenario with the mod.

1. Generate a new scenario in the editor.
2. Save and leave the game.
3. Go to /My Documents/My Games/PSCAMP/CAMPAIGNS/WhateverYouCalledYourCampaign
4. Put the folders and files (OBJECTS, TILES and TEXT2.TXT) of the texture set you want to use into your campaigns folder.
5. Load your campaign in the editor; the new scenario starts with the mod texture set as default style.

- Converting scenarios.

A

1. Go to /My Documents/My Games/PSCAMP/CAMPAIGNS/ and put the folders and files (OBJECTS, TILES and TEXT2.TXT) of the texture set of your choice into the folder of the campaign you want to convert.
2. Load the campaign in the editor. The scenario shows up in one of the vanilla texture styles.
3. In the menu on the left choose 'Edging and Style'.
4. Under 'Convert Style' choose the modded texture style.
5. All tiles are now converted; however the vanilla objects have to be manually replaced by the modded ones. - Be warned, this can be a lot of work!

B
Paul59 wrote: I discovered a way to convert an existing scenario to one of these new terrain sets.

Open the scenario .BAM file in WordPad (or whichever program you prefer) and replace all instances of the terrain style currently in use with the name of the new terrain style that you want. For instance to convert The Battle of Guinegate to the Winter without snow set; replace all mention of "CENTRALEUROPE" with "NoSnowEurope". This cuts out the need to replace every object in the editor.

You will, of course, also need to put the relevant OBJECTS and TILES folders in the scenario folder.

Screenshots:

Spring: Based of vanilla Northern Europe style. New vegetation textures.

Summer: Based on vanilla Southern Europe style. New vegetation textures.

Autumn: Based on vanilla Central Europe style. New vegetation textures.

Winter (without snow): Based on vanilla Central Europe style. New vegetation textures, revised terrain textures.

Winter (with snow): New vegetation textures, recoloured terrain textures.

Further plans:

Revising terrain textures for Autumn and Winter (without snow). Reworking Summer vegetation textures.

Perhaps ... just perhaps doing a Four Seasons Mod pack for Sengoku Jidai. :wink:

(Cannot promise much though. To gain a P&S like UI overlay as can be seen in the pic below, too much modding of the main game's files is necessary. The SJ vanilla overlay simply does not fit to the modded P&S terrain textures. Let's see if there will be a official 'green terrain' patch someday. Then I perhaps I could do a FS Mod Pack for SJ.)

Last edited by Adebar on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IC XC
NI KA
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Four Seasons Texture Mod Pack - Released.

Post by Paul59 »

Hi Adebar,

Thanks for this mod, it is excellent. Shame about the SJ problem.

I wonder if anyone knows if it is possible to mod a campaign so that it automatically selects terrain suitable to the season? For instance if I was to add this Four seasons mod to my Extra Campaigns Mod, would I be able to program it to select the correct seasons terrain depending on the time of year of the battle.

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote:Hi Adebar,

I wonder if anyone knows if it is possible to mod a campaign so that it automatically selects terrain suitable to the season? For instance if I was to add this Four seasons mod to my Extra Campaigns Mod, would I be able to program it to select the correct seasons terrain depending on the time of year of the battle.

Paul
You would have to

1) create tilesets and object styles for each season
2) mod the random map generator to use different tilesets and object sets in different seasons
Richard Bodley Scott

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

Really nice work I must say!

Thank you.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Adebar wrote:
(Cannot promise much though. To gain a P&S like UI overlay as can be seen in the pic below, too much modding of the main game's files is necessary. The SJ vanilla overlay simply does not fit to the modded P&S terrain textures. Let's see if there will be a official 'green terrain' patch someday. Then I perhaps I could do a FS Mod Pack for SJ.)
Hi Adebar,

I am not sure exactly what you mean by that statement, how exactly does the P&S terrain not fit with the SJ UI overlay? Are you referring to the to the TEX2.TGA files which are unique to SJ?

Cheers
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Sengoku Jidai uses more tiles than Pike and Shot, especially overlays and slope types.
Dino_SWE
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dino_SWE »

Would there be any way to replace the default tilesets with these ones alltogether? Thatd be great.

Thanks!
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

While updating my Pavia scenario (which will be available shortly) I discovered a way to convert an existing scenario to one of these new terrain sets.

Open the scenario .BAM file in WordPad (or whichever program you prefer) and replace all instances of the terrain style currently in use with the name of the new terrain style that you want. For instance to convert The Battle of Guinegate to the Winter without snow set; replace all mention of "CENTRALEUROPE" with "NoSnowEurope". This cuts out the need to replace every object in the editor.

You will, of course, also need to put the relevant OBJECTS and TILES folders in the scenario folder.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Adebar

Post by Adebar »

Thanks, Paul! That is a great discovery which will make the converting process much easier and faster.

I'll add that to the installation description.

IC XC
NI KA
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

Has anyone built a "graphics Mod" for the Shogun game yet? I would buy the game if there was a terrain set available.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Old_Warrior wrote:Has anyone built a "graphics Mod" for the Shogun game yet? I would buy the game if there was a terrain set available.
Go to the Sengoku Jidai modders forum, you will find lots of alternative terrain sets that I made.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

I saw that, Paul. Thanks so much to you and others for doing that :)

Now I can get out my katana and go to battle.
Dino_SWE
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dino_SWE »

If Id like all of my battles to use the Autumn: Based on vanilla Central Europe style for instance, could I rename them to replace the vanilla files permanently? If so, which files would that be?

Edit:
I did some experimenting and I seem to get the Autumn graphics by default now, except for the brown farm fields, which are all plain grass. What did I do wrong? :?: :P

I noticed the file saws.scc were missing from the new mod folders. I pasted it back into them but to no avail hehe... Hmmm
Dino_SWE
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dino_SWE »

So I fiddled around and managed to get the Autumn objects as default palette on random maps. I also edited the default ground textures with Gimp and changed the FoW to look darker rather than desaturated.

Obviously they dont look as good as a custom made map, but since I mostly play random maps, its better than nothing :)

Mmmm, to me 17th century warfare goes best with an Autumn atmosphere. Gunsmoke and wet leaves :roll:

Now, coupled with the outstanding sound effect mod available, the only thing now missing is replacing the ingame music files with an Autumn ambience track from youtube, and my journey to P&S heaven will be complete.

Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3rzkSuw2Vg

Holy shit thats even sacral sounding. What better context than the religious conflict of Europe.

Thank you for helping me achieve this!
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (519.65 KiB) Viewed 11540 times
a.jpg
a.jpg (455.49 KiB) Viewed 11540 times
Adebar

Post by Adebar »

Hello Dino!

Sorry for replying that late, I'm just lurking the forum from time to time and not always aware of new posts in my threads.

Glad that you found a solution for the problem by yourself. I'm quite happy that some folks make good use of my stuff!

IC XC
NI KA
KOB001
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KOB001 »

rbodleyscott wrote:

Paul
You would have to

2) mod the random map generator to use different tilesets and object sets in different seasons
Anybody have any ideas on how to do this?

It would be cool to have Seasonal battlefields for your Campaigns.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

KOB001 wrote:
rbodleyscott wrote:

Paul
You would have to

Anybody have any ideas on how to do this?

It would be cool to have Seasonal battlefields for your Campaigns.
Sorry, I could not work out how to do it. It would involve modding the campaign scripts.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Odenathus
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Four Seasons Texture Mod Pack - question

Post by Odenathus »

Hi Adebar, used these for several scenarios and they're very good. I'm now trying Lake Peipus, 1242 A.D., which means using the Winter mod, and I find the cursor that shows the potential movement path for units doesn't show up very well on the actual ice (because it's a white cursor on a very pale off-white background). It's fine for the normal snow and other ground textures, so is their a way that I can make it stand out more clearly: my problem is I cannot find the new white cursor in any of the scenario files? If you can point me at the right file path I can tinker around with it.

Cheers

Mark (Odenathus)
Odenathus

Post by Odenathus »

While I'm on the subject, does anyone know of a way to change the colour of the battle information text (Charge, Impact, Fall Back, etc?) Same reason as above, the default seems to be white which doesn't always show up well against the off-white coloured ice.

I've searched 'fonts' on the Forum and not found anything btw.)

Mark (Odenathus)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Odenathus wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:26 pm While I'm on the subject, does anyone know of a way to change the colour of the battle information text (Charge, Impact, Fall Back, etc?) Same reason as above, the default seems to be white which doesn't always show up well against the off-white coloured ice.

I've searched 'fonts' on the Forum and not found anything btw.)

Mark (Odenathus)
You would need to mod scripts I am afraid.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Modders Corner”