Changing in-game Font - Short Guide

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Adebar
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Changing in-game Font - Short Guide

Post by Adebar »

Just in case anyone is interested to include a different font in the game.

P&S uses IM Fell English, which is a clear and very well readable font. So the following guide is just for guys like me who like to increase the immersion a bit.

So here we go:

- Under Program Files (x86)/Slitherine/Pike and Shot Campaigns/Core several .otf and .ttf files can be found, only FONT2_ITAL.TTF is of significance for us.

- IMPORTANT: Make a backup copy of this file! We're messing with one of the main game's files right now, and in case we screw something up, no one else is responsible but ourselves. :wink:

- Many sites in the Net offer free fonts for download; choose one of your liking. Be sure it's a .ttf file.

- Rename this file to FONT2_ITAL.TTF.

- Put it in the game's Core folder.

- And that's it. Start the game and check if the new font fits your expectations or needs.

-----------------------------

Example: Klaber Fraktur.

IC XC
NI KA
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Changing in-game Font - Short Guide

Post by Paul59 »

Hi Adebar,

In have tried the Hultog font for a few weeks and like it very much. Unfortunately the lack of umlautes is a problem for English users as well, because some of the standard scenarios such as Lutzen require them.

However, I have just discovered another similar font to Hultog, which does include umlautes; Essays. It is also available in italic and bold versions. You can get it from here;

http://www.1001fonts.com/18th-century-fonts.html

Cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Dino_SWE
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Changing in-game Font - Short Guide

Post by Dino_SWE »

I find Essays great aswell. A nice addition to my personal P&S overhaul :)

Return to “Modders Corner”