VP Flags

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

VP Flags

Post by Paul59 »

I am trying to replace a VP marker flag for a new scenario, but I cannot figure out how to do it.

I assume that the relevant graphic file is the Flag0#&.dds to Flag19#&.dds files in the Core\Anim folder. But I cannot work out where to place my new .dds file in the Scenario folder structure.

Please can anyone help me with this?
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: VP Flags

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote:I am trying to replace a VP marker flag for a new scenario, but I cannot figure out how to do it.

I assume that the relevant graphic file is the Flag0#&.dds to Flag19#&.dds files in the Core\Anim folder. But I cannot work out where to place my new .dds file in the Scenario folder structure.

See the custom campaign folder layout diagram at the end of

http://www.slitherinebravo.net/GameWiki ... tub_engine

It appears you should put it in

MyCampaign\Anim
Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

rbodleyscott wrote:
Paul59 wrote:I am trying to replace a VP marker flag for a new scenario, but I cannot figure out how to do it.

MyCampaign\Anim
Thanks Richard,

But I have already tried that and it did not work. Maybe that particular file cannot be replaced?
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote:
rbodleyscott wrote:

MyCampaign\Anim
Thanks Richard,

But I have already tried that and it did not work. Maybe that particular file cannot be replaced?
Possibly. Try adding one with a completely new name?
Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

I tried adding a new .s4f file ($Flag24.s4f linked to Flag24#&.dds both placed in the My Campaign/Anim folder) and that does not show up either. Maybe I need the .s3f file for the VP flag?

FOGII TT Mod Creator

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote:I tried adding a new .s4f file ($Flag24.s4f linked to Flag24#&.dds both placed in the My Campaign/Anim folder) and that does not show up either. Maybe I need the .s3f file for the VP flag?
I am sorry I have no idea.

I will ask Pip to comment.
Richard Bodley Scott

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

An s4f file should work fine. When you say it does not show up what do you mean? Is another flag used?

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

pipfromslitherine wrote:An s4f file should work fine. When you say it does not show up what do you mean? Is another flag used?

Cheers

Pip
Hi Pip,

No flag shows at all. I am trying to use $Flag24.s4f linked to Flag24#&.dds. Both files have been put into an Anim folder within the scenario folder. When I cycle through the nations in the editor I get each a different nation VP flag up to nation 19, after that I get nothing. I know I have probably done something wrong, but I cannot work out what it is!

FOGII TT Mod Creator

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

In the VP plugin seems to have a line which prevents nation values more than 19 - Richard would need to answer as to whether that could be the issue

// Place marker based on "nation" value
if ((nation >= 0) && (nation <= 19))
{

Cheers

Pip
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

pipfromslitherine wrote:In the VP plugin seems to have a line which prevents nation values more than 19 - Richard would need to answer as to whether that could be the issue

// Place marker based on "nation" value
if ((nation >= 0) && (nation <= 19))
{

Cheers

Pip
I have never used the VP plugin so I could not say.

I only used a VP in the TYW Nordlingen scenario and I scripted it.

You can see what I did in Nordlingen.BSF, although I am hazy as to how it works.

It uses the CheckVP() function from Functions.BSF. That is what sets the flag anim, according to the SideIDs assigned in the Editor.
Richard Bodley Scott

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ah - OK. That function also has a check in it preventing it from using markers above 19.

I would try copying one of the other flag s4f files into your local ANIM folder, as well as your replacement texture. IIRC it will only use that folder for the texture if the s4f is in that folder.

Cheers

Pip
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

pipfromslitherine wrote:Ah - OK. That function also has a check in it preventing it from using markers above 19.

I would try copying one of the other flag s4f files into your local ANIM folder, as well as your replacement texture. IIRC it will only use that folder for the texture if the s4f is in that folder.

Cheers

Pip
Thanks Pip,

I copied the standard $Flag2.s4f into my Anim folder together with a new Flag2#&.dds. It now works, although I am sure that I tried the same thing a few days ago and it did not work! Anyway all is well now, thanks for all your help.

Cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

edward77
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by edward77 »

Paul Ligny Scenario Napoleonic French (0) v Prussian (1) Created new .dds Side Icons and flags but VP flags do not alter. It appears from above that one has to alter .s4f files in the core program. Can you help?
edward77

Post by edward77 »

OK Copied what you did and it works fine. Thanks
edward77

Post by edward77 »

Cannot really see the benefit of using the Victory points. As I understand it a side wins by achieving the specified rout victory conditions OR by capture of required VPs. If capture looks too difficult then the player can just opt to go for the normal victory conditions. The use of VPs would be much greater if it was possible to change this so that a win requires both the specified rout victory conditions AND the capture of required VPs. Any ideas?

Return to “Modders Corner”