Period Music

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Philippeatbay
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Period Music

Post by Philippeatbay »

I've just updated the mod to version 1.3.

The Box link points at 1.3, and the Dropbox link will as well in a day or two.

With much regret I've decided to remove Corelli's La Folia and replace it with a fanfare by Lully. The Corelli was too long and I couldn't bring myself to trim it down. Lully had been my first choice originally, and I had substituted the Corelli out of nostalgia (I used to play it on the violin).

I've also trimmed the opening drumbeats off of Louis XIV's funeral march because it works better as defeat music that way (don't ask).

I've included menu background screens as a visual cue so that you'll always know which set of music is playing, even if the sound is turned off.

The Roi Soleil part of the mod installs the famous portrait of Louis XIV (minus the red shoes, sadly), and the regular mod installs the vanilla background screen of cavalry attacking pikemen.

So if you install the Roi Soleil for a late 17th century battle, and then want to go back to the Thirty Years War and install the regular mod, the intro screen will revert to what it looked like in the first place.

I've also made sure that there is an updated set of instructions for how to install the mod, just in case someone gets halfway through the proccess and forgets what they're doing.
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

Just to clarify things a bit, the latest version of my period music mod has been set up to work in Pike & Shot Campaigns, but has not been adapted to the original Pike and Shot game.

The reason I haven't adapted the mod to the older version of the game is that I wasn't sure that there was any need.

It's not all that hard to put the adaption in place, but I don't plan on doing it if no one asks for it. I'm reluctant to do the extra work if there's no reason for it. But if someone asks, that's a whole different ball game.

On a slightly different note, at the moment the latest version of the mod for P&S Campaigns can only be downloaded from the Box links, though I'll probably expand that to the Dropbox links in a week or so.
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

I've updated the Dropbox links so that they now point to mod version 1.3.
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

I've decided to update the Pike and Shot version of the music mod to the same standard as the Pike and Shot Campaigns version.

So the links will now point you to the most recent version, no matter which one you try to download.

If for any reason the Pike and Shot version of the mod doesn't seem to work the way it should, give a shout and I'll try to do the needful.
SiegfriedDeLoewe
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by SiegfriedDeLoewe »

Hi!!!

So is it possible to have random battle music during gameplay? Whatever i tried to do the only file it recognize is Battle.mp3.

As someone wrote:

"Music

It is now possible to have music chosen randomly from a set of music files, rather than looping a single one. To do this you need only name the music file(s) sequentially from 0 upwards, e.g.

Song0.mp3
Song1.mp3
Song9.mp3

Only values [0,9] are allowed, for a max of 10 different songs per track. Once set up like this, rather than a single song looping the game will select a random song, play it, then select another random song."

If that's how it should be done, then i should put battle0,battle1 and battle2 files in music folder, but what about config? I tried to put these names in system.txt,but it doesnt work. In music.txt it also doesnt change a thing.

Any ideas?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

SiegfriedDeLoewe wrote:Hi!!!

So is it possible to have random battle music during gameplay? Whatever i tried to do the only file it recognize is Battle.mp3.

As someone wrote:

"Music

It is now possible to have music chosen randomly from a set of music files, rather than looping a single one. To do this you need only name the music file(s) sequentially from 0 upwards, e.g.

Song0.mp3
Song1.mp3
Song9.mp3

Only values [0,9] are allowed, for a max of 10 different songs per track. Once set up like this, rather than a single song looping the game will select a random song, play it, then select another random song."

If that's how it should be done, then i should put battle0,battle1 and battle2 files in music folder, but what about config? I tried to put these names in system.txt,but it doesnt work. In music.txt it also doesnt change a thing.

Any ideas?
Put Battle0 in music.txt instead of Battle, and it should work.
Richard Bodley Scott

SiegfriedDeLoewe

Post by SiegfriedDeLoewe »

Thank you rbodleyscott!!!

What i did wrong was:
Battle // emtBattle0
instead of:
Battle0 // emtBattle

Now it works like a charm ;)
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

I've updated the mod to version 1.4.

The only change is that I've added a little more Lully to the battle music. I've also added an icon of the sun king to the non-Steam version in case anyone wants to do a parallel instal.

My service provider is currently giving me glacially slow uploads, so the links to my box account are pointing to version 1.4, and the back-up dropbox links are pointing to an earlier version.

Because of the currently torpid pace of my uploads I have only updated my mods for Pike and Shot Campaigns. If someone has the non-Campaigns version of Pike and Shot and wants to see what changed, they should either wait until my upload speed improves, or simply use the battle sound file from the Roi Soleil part of my Pike and Shot Campaigns mod.

All of the links mentioned are in the first post of this thread.
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

I've updated the Pike and Shot music mod to version 1.4. It should now have the same content as the Pike and Shot Campaigns version of the music mod.

I don't have Pike and Shot (as opposed to Pike and Shot Campaigns) installed on my computer anymore, so this update hasn't been tested (unlike the one for Pike and Shot Campaigns, which was tested). So if anything's not working, give a shout and I'll take a look and fix it.

(There are still some people who own Pike and Shot but not Pike and Shot Campaigns, and it didn't seem fair to discriminate).

Return to “Modders Corner”