(Unofficial) Modding Guide

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: (Unofficial) Modding Guide

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the guide, just reading to see if it will suit me or not, the editor btw, not your guide :wink:
edward77
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by edward77 »

Adreath, Can I put a Scenario (map only) into your Extra Nations Campaign or do I have to start from scratch?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

edward77 wrote:Adreath, Can I put a Scenario (map only) into your Extra Nations Campaign or do I have to start from scratch?
The Extra Nations Mod is actually mine. The question of creating a scenario using it has come up before on the forum, this was my reply;

If you want to create a scenario from the Extra Nations campaign Mod using the editor, all you have to do is this;

1) Open the editor and open the 13ExtraNationsCampaign.
2) Create a new scenario folder, you don't need to design the map, add units or do anything else at this stage, just open a new scenario and save it.
3) Exit the editor and exit the game.
4) Find the location where your Pike and Shot Campaign folder is, probably My Documents/My Games/PSCAMP/Campaigns. Copy and paste the contents of the 13ExtraNationsCampaign folder into the new scenario folder overwriting any existing files. Delete any unnecessary texture folders from Data/Battle/Unittextures folder.
5) Reopen the editor and design the scenario.

For instance if you wanted to do Fehrbellin, a battle between the Swedes and Prussians in 1675;

1) Open the editor and open the 13ExtraNationsCampaign.
2) Create a new scenario folder, call it 1675_Fehrbellin, open a new scenario and save it as Fehrbellin 1675.
3) Exit the editor and exit the game.
4) Find the location where your Pike and Shot Campaign folder is, probably My Documents/My Games/PSCAMP/Campaigns. Copy and paste the contents of the 13ExtraNationsCampaign folder into the 1675_Fehrbellin folder overwriting any existing files. Delete any unnecessary texture folders from Data/Battle/Unittextures folder, leaving just the TYW_Swedish and SK_Prussian folders.
5) Reopen the editor, open 1675_Fehrbellin and design the scenario.

The ArmyList.txt tells you what texture folder is used for each army.

I know this sounds a bit complicated for people not used to creating scenarios, but for those that do it should be easy.

Regards

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
edward77

Post by edward77 »

Paul my apologies. Thanks for info. Have managed to do it for Fontenoy 1745. Just started on the units. Thank you.

Return to “Modders Corner”