Same Stats (4) Multi- Meltas as (1) Multi Metal

Warhammer Open Beta

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Dragoon.
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Same Stats (4) Multi- Meltas as (1) Multi Metal

Post by Dragoon. »

While playing the Salamander Campaign and comparing the vehicle Land Raider Achilles and Land Raider Crusader I saw that 4 Multi-Meltas have the same stats as a single Multi-Melta.

Should you think about fixing it, may I suggest to split the 4 Multi-Meltas into two (2) Multi-Meltas with increased accuracy, as the vehicles has one free weapon slot. Since the Achilles carries those armaments as 2 sponson-mounted Twin-linked Multi-Meltas. (In case if you see a picture and get confused, a single Multi-melta is already a doubled barreled weapon, so despite the 4 barrels, it's still just two Multi-meltas on each vehicle side.)
I don't know if you take this into account, but if cost not only represent unit stats but also rarity the Achilles should be a bit more expensive.

About the Land Raider Crusader and his 12 Hurricane-pattern Bolters. May I suggest to rename the weapon to 2 Hurricane Bolters?
Since a Hurricane Bolter by design already combines six co-axial Bolters in a single weapon mount, it sounds wrong to write 12 hurricane-pattern Bolters. (The vehicle btw carries like the Achilles those two Hurricane Bolters as sponson-mounts. This way the shorter text also fits better into designated the text box.
Dragoon.

Re: Same Stats (4) Multi- Meltas as (1) Multi Metal

Post by Dragoon. »

BTW the Ironclad Dreadnought is off too. Ironclads are optimized specifically for close combat with reinforced plating and close combat dreadnought weapons.

His in-games stats has says he has two simple flamers, but a Dreadnought would use always a Heavy Flamer. Despite that, the picture shows the Ironclad is using a Powerfist on the left and a Siege Drill on the right, but I can't tell if it's with a build-in Heavy Flamer or Melta-Gun. He use this weapon like siege Dreadnought to drill a hole into a fortification/vehicle and then reward the occupants with the sacred cleansing through fire.

If there is interest I could make a new thread for this?

Return to “Warhammer Open Beta”