RC1 Feedback

Warhammer Open Beta

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

KenAllen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

RC1 Feedback

Post by KenAllen »

Just adding this to my own new thread as it seems to have got lost in amongst the other posts :)

Does anyone know what this part of the info bar is for? Will it be for weather? (I've noticed that the game info no longer states anything about weather anymore)
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (16.13 KiB) Viewed 3162 times

I have to say though, now the game has all the SFX and GFX, options menu, voice overs etc, it feels more like the game I had hoped for. Well done guys :)

There are however in the small time that I have played the RC1 version still a few minor issues:

1) unless it's just my PC but the music level when you first load up the game is set too low.

2) I think all user input boxes (save game name, commander name inputs) should have a flashing curser as a visual indication that the user can type something.

3) the mission briefing dialogue screens still need visual clues as to how to advance forward. Also needs the ability to look back on the conversation in case you missed something. The font is also a bit hard to read.

4) I'm loving the better hit GFX for when infantry units attack, much better than the big cannon explosions. Unfortunately though, some hit GFX cover the units strength indicator which means it can be hard to track if you had any losses that round. Can there be an indicator like in panzer corps that pops up to say how many losses each unit took. (Can it be in a nice large themed font that's clear to read)

5) I don't know if it's just that I've never ran out of ammo or that the game does not support this feature yet. Are there to be visual clues against the units (again like in panzer corps) to show when the unit is low/out on ammo?

6) still need access to the mission objective overview with game (unless I just could not find it lol) Edit (I've found it now lol)

6) will the unit statistics/trait cards be making it to the final version? (This is said to be in the works and is an in-game pop up of a selected units entire stats and traits, a much needed feature in my opinion)

7) I'm hoping that the final manual will explain all the unit stats in depth as I am still not really at grips with what units are better where and if a weapon is more effective long or close range. (Again this is why point 6 above is so important to me, I want to be able to just click a button and see all info I need)

8 ) can there be a visual clue when you click an enemy unit as to whether it will receive supporting fire (maybe just an icon or something)? (I understand that some more advanced players may think this makes the game too easy so maybe add this only to easier difficulty levels)

(Edit) 9) has the elevation bonus been implemented yet?

That's it for now. I'm sorry I haven't been able to give details on the individual missions which I know you were after but I just simply haven't had the time unfortunately. Well done so far, it looks to be a cracker of a game. :)
KenAllen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: RC1 Feedback

Post by KenAllen »

There is definitely a change made in the game features list. Here's the original one:
One
One
image.jpg (31.56 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
And now the new one:
Two
Two
image.jpg (31.79 KiB) Viewed 3148 times

It seems that weather is not making it to the game. I would really like to know though, what this part of the info bar is for as in all screen shots it is blank:
Three
Three
image.jpg (13.64 KiB) Viewed 3148 times

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Thanks for summary. It is very important to know how the latest version compares to previous ones.

We decided to exclude limited ammo from this game - morale was bad enough to worry about. Under same icon the game now shows shots - important weapon stat which was not visible before.

Release of this game in not the end of development, and I expect some points on your list to be addressed after release. In particular unit details. However, most information from unit details is already available in games main UI or purchase screen, just not in one place.

We have not decided yet what to use the right panel on your screenshot for. Any suggestions? :)
KenAllen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KenAllen »

Thank you for your reply

As to the blank info bar, maybe you can display number of objectives out of total objectives captured. :)

Return to “Warhammer Open Beta”