Re: release candidate feedback

Post by fsx »

do you have the autosaves?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

fortification at hex 20,11 with same unit should give same result, as it's on deployment so pre save, so guess not

eg
It was the first turn during deployment.
and auto save only happens at turn end, not turn start.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Razz1 wrote:I was placing a unit into the fortification at hex 20,11

It was an infantry unit with the armored car.

any idea of unit name, as tried a few but can't do it myself either, and have tried, but still maybe wrong unit etc

not sure about the armoured car bit either, as no units have them?
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

I repeated the bug. Alex will receive a "how to".
He has my savegame and an picture.

reload my savegame
add an trojan to this unit (upgrade)
select another unit in the unit list
and now...
klick on the transport icon in the unit pic in the unit list
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

yep me 2 :wink:
sorted.jpg
sorted.jpg (248.71 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
error.zip
(728 Bytes) Downloaded 242 times
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

next reported:

select a unit from deployment list and press the "p"
"n" does not force a crash
KenAllen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KenAllen »

Does anyone know what this part of the info bar is for? Will it be for weather?
image.jpg
image.jpg (13.64 KiB) Viewed 5602 times

I have to say though, now the game has all the SFX and GFX, options menu, voice overs etc, it feels more like the game I had hoped for. Well done guys :)

There are however in the small time that I have played the RC1 version still a few minor issues:

1) unless it's just my PC but the music level when you first load up the game is set too low.

2) I think all user input boxes (save game name, commander name inputs) should have a flashing curser as a visual indication that the user can type something.

3) the mission briefing dialogue screens still need visual clues as to how to advance forward. Also needs the ability to look back on the conversation in case you missed something. The font is also a bit hard to read.

4) I'm loving the better hit GFX for when infantry units attack, much better than the big cannon explosions. Unfortunately though, some hit GFX cover the units strength indicator which means it can be hard to track if you had any losses that round. Can there be an indicator like in panzer corps that pops up to say how many losses each unit took. (Can it be in a nice large themed font that's clear to read)

5) I don't know if it's just that I've never ran out of ammo or that the game does not support this feature yet. Are there to be visual clues against the units (again like in panzer corps) to show when the unit is low/out on ammo?

6) still need access to the mission objective overview with game (unless I just could not find it lol)

6) will the unit statistics/trait cards be making it to the final version? (This is said to be in the works and is an in-game pop up of a selected units entire stats and traits, a much needed feature in my opinion)

7) I'm hoping that the final manual will explain all the unit stats in depth as I am still not really at grips with what units are better where and if a weapon is more effective long or close range. (Again this is why point 6 above is so important to me, I want to be able to just click a button and see all info I need)

8) can there be a visual clue when you click an enemy unit as to whether it will receive supporting fire (maybe just an icon or something)? (I understand that some more advanced players may think this makes the game too easy so maybe add this only to easier difficulty levels)

(Edit) 9) has the elevation bonus been implemented yet?

That's it for now. I'm sorry I haven't been able to give details on the individual missions which I know you were after but I just simply haven't had the time unfortunately. Well done so far, it looks to be a cracker of a game. :)
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

zakblood_slith wrote:yep me 2 :wink:
sorted.jpg
error.zip

Thanks, I'm having problem a problem creating that with WinRar for some reason.
vadersson
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by vadersson »

Might as well throw my feedback in here too.

VERY impressed! You guys have listened to us and this game is so much better now. I really am glad it improved. The Orks feel a lot more Orky. I just played Act 3 mission 1 again. last time it was a cake walk. This time it was much less certain and my forces suffered lots of damage. (I had 2 requisition points left at the end and was down 8 units.) The orks attacked more. They fired on tanks sometimes. They came REALLY close to killing my scout titan even. (I did play on the middle difficulty level too.) This was a major change is last time.

The only things I can still say are that the Orks still do not fire on my tanks and superheavy units enough. They were shooting at them, but sometimes they would not use a heavy unit on them and instead shoot at infantry. Again my Infantry died in droves. Through this time I also lost my Speeders and several tanks. I even last at least 1 superheavy. There are still a few places where the orks sit and take fire, but over all they were much more aggressive and challenging.

I must say, very good work. This is now a must buy game and could set a new standard for 40K games. (So start working on the Tau DLC...)

Sadly, I will be out of town most of the weekend, so not much more testing. But this has been a great experience.

Thanks,
Duncan
The Warhammer 40K games all need more T'au Empire units.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

well with 2 completed play through's of the RC version now, all i can say is agree with above, games a lot batter and looking very polished indeed, love the way the Orc's side has been done, and not to mention it no one as yet even spotted it so guess not played it either, i had a epic battle last night with them, and Yes i played the Orc's 8) or would have done but it's still locked :roll: but as the option is now there, at least you can see later once released it will be a playable side to choose...

mine you it won't be tested, as i said it's locked :shock: :lol:
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

vadersson wrote:Might as well throw my feedback in here too.
Thanks for summary, nice to hear you like the last version, but release of this game will not be the end of development and polishing, so expect more improvements in the future. :)
chattytumbler
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by chattytumbler »

Have spent the last few days playing through the game and I can only agree with the last few statements - this is a great game and I can't wait to see the version later with the extra development, polishing and improvements. Now where are the tyranids? ;-p

Return to “Warhammer Open Beta”