Act2 Missions Feedback

Warhammer Open Beta

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Act2 Missions Feedback

Post by Kerensky »

Because there are an abundance of scenarios in the game, I feel it wouldn't be a good idea to give each individual scenario it's own thread, as we may have seen done in past Panzer Corps DLC. It would flood the forum very quickly, so instead I'll be using this thread to track and post changes and updates to all Act2scenarios. This way, our testers can keep an eye on what to look out for when and if something changes. Feel free to contribute your feedback to this thread if you have comments about anything Act2related!
Bntyhntr98
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Act2 Missions Feedback

Post by Bntyhntr98 »

For some reason after the second mission I finished the battle had no problems but when I ended the mission there was a error that flashed on the screen for a second and then went away and the game crashed, couldn't copy and paste it cause it was there and gone , but it was after the whole mission was complete and then it crashed.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Bntyhntr98 wrote:For some reason after the second mission I finished the battle had no problems but when I ended the mission there was a error that flashed on the screen for a second and then went away and the game crashed, couldn't copy and paste it cause it was there and gone , but it was after the whole mission was complete and then it crashed.
Did you have the last hotfix installed from here: viewtopic.php?f=321&t=53652 ? If not, try to install it, this might fix crashing issue you've seen.
Bntyhntr98
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Bntyhntr98 »

Yep that was the reason , thanks , didn't know or see there was a hot fix lol , but works good now.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Campscen13 Relief Operation
Added Ultramarines to available roster
Removed bonus text
Removed 1,1 Victory Hex

Campscen14 Breakthrough Operation
Removed bonus text
Widened the choke point leading to the first victory hex to ease up on unit traffic jamming

Campscen18 Defending Tartarus Industry
easier to capture first three VH, removal of ork support infantry near them
Galdred
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Galdred »

In mission 1 act2, it is really unclear that the path on the far west(west of the bridge objective) is blocked by the edge of the map. We really need some way to display the hex grid on top of the map.
produit
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by produit »

Act 2, mission 1. Same remark as Galdred. I tried to move on the left side of the map to get also blocked.
Another point is that some units are too slow (normal infantry, devastator) to be used at all on the map. Perhaps they should have transport.
produit

Post by produit »

Act 2, mission 2-3 went quite well.
Mission 4 was and is still not clear what it is. I moved all my units to the northwest, believing that Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka was there, to find only a lost kommando unit. Do you have to defend the hive ? Do you have to retake the point you lost just before ? That is really not clear...

Finally, restarted the mission, knowing what I had to do, and finished easily.
produit

Post by produit »

Mission 5. I finished it, defending every hex, capturing every enemy hex, but in the end, I lost Requisition points, going from 1357 points at the end of scenario 5, to 657 at start of scenario 6. If it is intended, it is really strange...
Finished last scenario, good one. Nothing to mention.
Galdred
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Galdred »

as I said in the unit balance thread, most Act 1 formations become obsolete in act 2 :
guard infantry cannot compete with Space Marines, and the low count on Guard armored formations make these useless, except for super heavies (but they are slow, so you still need quick armors= Space Marine tanks).
The only units from Act1 that stay relevant are artillery units (now that they got an insane number of attacks, which allow Basilisks to shred infantry as well as tanks from afar).
I wish we could raise the unit cap for both Steel Legion armor and infantry(I ended up disbanding all infantry to recruit Space Marines and Titans, and turning all armors into Super Heavy, either Macharius or upgunned Shadowswords).l
The only selling point of guard infantry would be their gorgon transports.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

act 2 is shorter by a long way from act 1, and tbh for first quick play through isn't too hard with a all tank side, so first i'd say limit the number yo can buy, or there is no balance at all...

missions are good and there's a few to be going on with, all different, but no real choices so no real replay value....

sorry, will edit and give a more in depth version when i have re played it properly next week...
Galdred
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Galdred »

I think the AI needs more units able to deal with super heavies and Titans, and less units murdering infantry. Act 2 was a walk in the park for my superheavies and Titans (+2 death strikes and 2 basilisks), while my infantry (anything not wearing terminator or centurion armor) got repeatedly mauled.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Finished my latest, personal act2 playthrough, and I'm relieved to see Act2 held together extremely well. Only minor adjustments needed as far as I can see. My unit experience levels are SUPER all over the place. Big heavy tanks that rarely take damage are the experience leaders, while infantry and lighter units pretty much are resigned to be forever 1 star. Even when they dont die, they take so many casualties that the constant replacements needed completely tank their experience levels. Even so, I value my infantry and light units very highly, I hate the too slow and too expensive Baneblades and Titan, I only used a very few of them. Plus Infantry is mandatory to capture most VH locations!

Should be noted that we forgot to put scen15 back into the campaign... it's still commented out. I tested it plenty to get it working in solo mode, so it should be fine in campaign too.

Some of my notes, a very nice and short to do list of changes for act2 i'm glad to say.

Remove salamanders from act2
Add additional avail file in act2 to create unit progression.

Scen13
increase map width left by 2

Scen14
add 2 turns

Comment scenario 15 back in

Scen16, more replacement money
reduce turn limit to 12
make all orks on map attacker when 1 vh is captured
more ork heavy tanks behind trench line

Scen16 and scen 17, fixed ruins settlements on roads to just be settlements and art

Scen 17
more money for replacements
add one bridge
change ork camps in mid to ruins

Scen18
more points
trim down 2nd wave power slightly less mega armored nobz

scen19, remove illegal unit on far left
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

and here we go on act 2 testing report with pictures.... all this act has been fully tested now, once with quick play, and a proper one today :wink:

have selected the one which i liked the most in act 2 to replay and reproduce, only mission 2 i think it was a mission one you couldn't sell your bits etc and buy new, and i liked the level design of this one as flanks are tight, no map cheats used either today as act 2 and 3 doesn't need much help from them, where as i found act 1 did....

so with out any more of this ^^^

commander ricky dicky enters into the command tent and is surprised with the smell, across the large map table across the other side of his very large tent is the captured Orc leader, who's name i have already forgot, so will call him smelly and spray so air freshener in his general direction, where has he jumps up but forgets he's tied to his chair, so falls flat on his face in the dust and sand, as carpet hasn't arrived by supply as yet, but thank god the new combs have :shock: as the troops of angel without combs are a angry lot with messed up hair, while the heavy built sarg helps the fat and very large and smelly orc leader back into the upright position, he spits and snarls that toxic gas is unfair for puny human so i try and fail to tell him politely that it's not toxic gas but only fresh air, which seems to make it worse....

anyway, onto the battle...

you can follow it here,

Code: Select all

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=321&t=54064
as i have no desire to spam this thread, as tbh it's the same as the last, but just pictures this time, as story telling isn't my best trait, 2nd or 3rd maybe, but not 1st :shock: :roll: :wink:
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

Repost from the bug thread, just to be certain.

Mission16 (Operation Audacity) scenario results in victory even though Gargant is still alive (hint: the relevant trigger mentions no specific 'Aux' unit).
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

ThvN wrote:Repost from the bug thread, just to be certain.

Mission16 (Operation Audacity) scenario results in victory even though Gargant is still alive (hint: the relevant trigger mentions no specific 'Aux' unit).
Are you sure about that? I just re-checked and it looks right to me. It definitely reads 'AUX' in the filter for the victory trigger, and there is definitely 1 Ork unit on the map that has been flagged as an AUX. It's not a Gargant, though it's a Battle Fortress unit.

The trigger doesn't need to specify a single AUX units, it is a blanket reading for all AUX units, of which there is only one such Ork on the map. :)
Galdred
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Galdred »

Isn't the goal of mission 16 to kill Gazghul Thrakka battlefortress? Maybe it would be good to have a pop up the first time you spot an aux unit you need to kill. I don't think I paid attention the first time I destroyed it.
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

Kerensky wrote:Are you sure about that? ...It's not a Gargant, though it's a Battle Fortress unit...
Sorry, my mistake. I thought the Gargant was the 'Battle Fortress' special unit, I am not very clued up on WH40K units... :oops:
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

No problem. The cue for this scenario is the unit name and also the unit's unique strength plate. :)
chattytumbler
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by chattytumbler »

Act 2 Mission "Relief Operation" - mission information says victory requires 4 hexes to be captured - there are only three victory hexes on the map! Image

Return to “Warhammer Open Beta”