Adwalton Moor

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

lk2500
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Adwalton Moor

Post by lk2500 »

Tried this twice on the middle difficulty setting. Things start out ok but I eventually get overwhelmed.

I'm thinking of maybe trying all my cavalry on the right side instead of splitting them up and then moving my firing line of musketeers to the right as well to stay away form the cavalry on the left.

Anybody have some tips on this one?
lk2500
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Adwalton Moor

Post by lk2500 »

No other takers? I'll just reply to myself in case others are having trouble with this one...

I could only get as close as a 61-54 loss using that tactic on the middle difficulty setting. I switched the difficulty to Colonel and tried a bit different tactic and ended up winning fairly easily.

I moved all my cavalry except for one Dragoon unit to my right flank. They were able to take on the Royalist Cavaliers on that side and get in a few flank attacks.

I concentrated the Musketeers in the middle to middle-right and kept them moving to the right as the Royalist Musketeers broke.

The Dragoon unit on my left flank was able to scoot by the enemy Pikemen to take out the enemy guns as well as chase down a few retreating Musketeers.

I also moved 2 Parliamentarian Horse units behind the lines on my right flank to chase down some additional retreating Musketeers.

By keeping my infantry constantly moving to the right I avoided the Royalist Cavaliers on my left flank and the bulk of the Pikemen. I was able to route a few stray pike units with concentrated musket fire to get to 60% losses for the enemy.

(Mods can move this thread to after action reports if you'd like. )
Waldorf
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Waldorf »

I know this is an old thread, but having completed the game many moons ago I have for some reason been compelled to return to it. I genuinely think it might be my favourite game of all time!

Since I haven't played for about five years I had forgotten everything about completing each scenario. Having dashed myself to smithereens on this battle for a couple of days I finally cracked it with a whopping 45%-0% victory. Buy all the muskets you can and turtle up on the lower right side of the map in a square formation with about five musket units facing towards the enemy and four on each flank of the square. Pop the Dragoons in the little village bottom right of the map.

Check out these ratios :).

adwalton.jpg
adwalton.jpg (240.75 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Yes, I played this MP as the Royalists recently, though I've played as Parliament before:

https://youtu.be/_4AnQvGA9LE

Parliament does indeed have to stay back in the hedges to have any chance of pulling off a win.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg

Return to “After Action Reports”