Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

ReviewGameX27
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Post by ReviewGameX27 »

Chris here from ReviewGameX Youtube channel. I would love to cast some of the replays and best cover the whole thing. Are any players willing to upload their replays for this?
Thanks
Chris
hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

don't sell the TV rights for cheap gooseman :lol:
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

When the movie comes out, I want to played by George Clooney. Maybe that would peak my wifes interest for PC :D
ReviewGameX27

Post by ReviewGameX27 »

Hi guys,
the organisator of this championship was so kind to send me a replay to cast on my youtube channel. If you want your replay cast then send it to gamereviewx@gmail.com with the names of the player involved and what stage the game was (like semi final or first game ect.).

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAUgr0_kXKw
(it is german, historical or so :-))

Another thing, I have checked the scenario balance in the editor and I wonder, has any german player ever won this scenario in this championship? When you check all the prestige both players have then you see a ca. 350 advantage for the german player. But for that he starts with a fighter which already cost a lot more and like in the replay above is almost useless when the russian player doesnt play any airplane. Also for 350 prestige the german player has 1 core slot less and must conquer all VP but 1 of the map that is huge in only 20 turns. On top of that there are many good defense positions like rivers and bocage. And there are no transports for either side so that the german player cannot even use airborne troopers. In my opinion this is not a fair balanced map for any german player. But if you think otherwise I would love to see any german win replay on this map.

Thanks
Chris
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Medicus wrote:Hi guys,
the organisator of this championship was so kind to send me a replay to cast on my youtube channel. If you want your replay cast then send it to gamereviewx@gmail.com with the names of the player involved and what stage the game was (like semi final or first game ect.).

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAUgr0_kXKw
(it is german, historical or so :-))

Another thing, I have checked the scenario balance in the editor and I wonder, has any german player ever won this scenario in this championship? When you check all the prestige both players have then you see a ca. 350 advantage for the german player. But for that he starts with a fighter which already cost a lot more and like in the replay above is almost useless when the russian player doesnt play any airplane. Also for 350 prestige the german player has 1 core slot less and must conquer all VP but 1 of the map that is huge in only 20 turns. On top of that there are many good defense positions like rivers and bocage. And there are no transports for either side so that the german player cannot even use airborne troopers. In my opinion this is not a fair balanced map for any german player. But if you think otherwise I would love to see any german win replay on this map.

Thanks
Chris
Mia Culpa! Mia Culpa!

I don't know what else to say that I have not said about the 2nd Round pick. I feel really bad about the choice as I have never lost either side, but obviously I have not played the right opponent on that map.

I am sorry for the round 2 choice.

Just to give you a heads up however that Round 4 will not be a paired game unless you and your opponent agree that you would like to play the paired game, as I am confident this is a fair battle for the right players. ;)

So pleased to see this Tournament continuing to get publicity and so much interest at almost 200,000 views. Just amazing.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
hurly

Post by hurly »

he said it, he is guilty :mrgreen:

I want 2 flat stones and a real sharp one

StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

I don't mind our replay being casted, but it seems unfair to do so without the opposing player's consent. Could be that Padisha, Thorsten and Agentj23 and have something to object... And I only have two of the replays - for Round 2 and 3 I think.

I have never figured out if the replay can be shown from both sides of the battle - I only see one of the sides.

Does ANYONE know how to switch to the other side in a replay?
Shilod
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Shilod »

Medicus wrote:

s
Hmm... Kamerad Medicus, Germans can win in this scenario. 3 games, during 2nd round, were ended with their victory. After the ending of second round i have created 2 games and in both parties i played as Nazis. First battle i have won, taking all but 1 VP's. Second battle still goes on, it's going hard. But I'm also have chance to win. High procent of allied victories, imho, is a result of wrong tactics of many players that played German side. Most nazi-players bogged down in close-quarter fights in the Opochka city - in the center of the map. Others try to cross the river in the north - and also was stopped. "German" player in this map, imho, should concentrate main forces on the southern flank - in open territory it would be very hard for the Russians to stop invaders. Also, Germans have much more resources at the beginning of the game. They have Pz III H tanks and superior aviation -so can easily defeat even russian KV tanks. Despite Barbarossa scenario - "summer offencive" map isnt so large. And wheeled unit can cross it from east to west for 5-6 turns (without resistance, of course :wink: ). So on, German side have good chances for a victory. I think that those whining about "unbalanced" map should be stopped. This is Panzer Corps, not Starcraft or Company of heroes. If you wanna totally balanced map and scenario - play chess then. Thanks for your attention :roll:

P/S. Mr. Goose Secundus stop excuse yourself! You made a great job. This scenario (summer 1941) is well balanced, but was unpopular, rarely played (Russian front ? Where is it? :shock: ). So, many "german" players choose wrong strategy and tactics. Do not listen losers and whiners. So, stop grieving, and ... as one famous politic can say: MAKE PANZER CORPS GREAT AGAIN! :)
Last edited by Shilod on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReviewGameX27

Post by ReviewGameX27 »

Shilod wrote:
Medicus wrote:

s
Hmm... Kamerad Medicus, Germans can win in this scenario. 3 games, during 2nd round, were ended with their victory. After the ending of second round i have created 2 games and in both parties i played as Nazis. First battle i have won, taking all but 1 VP's. Second battle still goes on, it's going hard. But I'm also have chance to win. High procent of allied victories, imho, is a result of wrong tactics of many players that played German side. Most nazi-players bogged down in close-quarter fights in the Opochka city - in the center of the map. Others try to cross the river in the north - and also was stopped. "German" player in this map, imho, should concentrate main forces on the southern flank - in open territory it would be very hard for the Russians to stop invaders. Also, Germans have much more resources at the beginning of the game. They have Pz III H tanks and superior aviation -so can easily defend even russian KV tanks. Despite Barbarossa scenario - "summer offencive" map isnt so large. And wheeled unit can cross it from east to west for 5-6 turns (without resistance, of course :wink: ). So on, German side have good chances for a victory. I think that those whining about "unbalanced" map should be stopped. This is Panzer Corps, not Starcraft or Company of heroes. If you wanna totally balanced map and scenario - play chess then. Thanks for your attention :roll:

P/S. Mr. Goose Secundus stop excuse yourself! You made a great job. This scenario (summer 1941) is well balanced, but was unpopular, rarely played (Russian front ? Where is it? :shock: ). So, many "german" players choose wrong strategy and tactics. Do not listen losers and whiners. So, stop grieving, and ... as one famous politic can say: MAKE PANZER CORPS GREAT AGAIN! :)
Griefing? Whining? Losers? Are u ok? :-) I dont even play in this championship and couldnt care less if it is fair. But as an outsider I can give a neutral perspective on it. And I follow your argumentation but I do not agree with it. Unit types are fair in those 2 parties, to say the germans have better units just isnt right. And your suggested strategy seems very weak to me. Why would any russian player not defend simply the last 2 VP points behind the river? It is so overpowered easy to hold espacially when the attack only has 300-400 prestige more. And no need to attack me more, I do not care too much about this map. You guys like it, I like it :-)

Thanks
Chris
Shilod

Post by Shilod »

Medicus wrote: Griefing? Whining? Losers? Are u ok? :-) I dont even play in this championship and couldnt care less if it is fair. But as an outsider I can give a neutral perspective on it. And I follow your argumentation but I do not agree with it. Unit types are fair in those 2 parties, to say the germans have better units just isnt right. And your suggested strategy seems very weak to me. Why would any russian player not defend simply the last 2 VP points behind the river? It is so overpowered easy to hold espacially when the attack only has 300-400 prestige more. And no need to attack me more, I do not care too much about this map. You guys like it, I like it :-)

Thanks
Chris
well, Chris i don't wanna insult you, but if you read prevous pages in this topic you had seen many posts about "unbalanced map", "bad goose", et cetera. I didnt say that german units are better. I just wrote, that they have some good units, that can withstand against the soviet KV tank. And unit roster in this scenario is well balanced at all. Now about strategies: you disagree with my plan. Well, it's your right. Buti'm also think that your defence strategy (hold last 2 VP's) isnt good so well. If all Soviet units will withdraw to last points - they will leave all towns to germans. So on, nazis will capture many soviet towns and aquire a lot of prestige. At last, germans can concentrate their superior resourses against ONE of 2 VP's and, at last, take it. "It's just a question of time" (c) Depeche Mode. But this is just thoughts and plans. And, as H. von Moltke says: "every plan is working until first contact with enemy". P/S. And I'm ok. Thank you :wink:
Shilod

Post by Shilod »

i also have a question - if in both games ( i mean paired battle) we have the same number of VP's and, so on, we must calculate out summary prestige. So... where can i see prestige point's of my opponent at the end of a battle?
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Shilod wrote:i also have a question - if in both games ( i mean paired battle) we have the same number of VP's and, so on, we must calculate out summary prestige. So... where can i see prestige point's of my opponent at the end of a battle?

You can't, I can and I determine the winner.

Sounds like someone may be coming on a tie?

Must have picked a good map. ;)
goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

Hm i was due to write down a longer post about the Start of GC42/43 West Campaign, but I postpone it a bit as I think I should interfere here a bit.

First I have to tell you I'm in contact with the organsitor of the MP Tournament and he regularly uses me as a beta testing victim for the coming scenarios in this tournament. Victim cause he spanks me really hard on almost any Scenario and no matter what side he plays. (Ok now everyone knows I'm a terrible MP General :oops: but that's not the point)

goose put up a Classic "Pay it Forward" Effort in organizing this tournament. Hoping he could create some more interest in MP, hoping to establish a bunch of MP Generals that can not only determine a Champ but to make it a regular recurring event.

So he does it as a First Time Manager of Operations and even got the blessing of the Producers of the Game to do it.
Are there flaws, unbalanced scenarios, not perfect setups, overthinking on some things, underestimating other aspects involved ? You bet it probably all happened down the Road.

But goose is not carelessly putting up things here just to run a quick thing. My guess he probably spent way too much energy in setting up Player Pairings in Round 1 and 2 depending on things where do they the Combatants live, are they in similar time zones to make this smoothly running contest, how experienced are the Contestants and what not ?
But maybe this was time and energy spent well as from what I see the Battles all finished in a certain Time Window, no one dropping out or not showing up at all. I don't know, I'm not a contestant here you decide

Maybe he was a bit careless in using that (probably) not perfectly balanced Russian German Scenario, but as he said he won it from both sides all the Time (not against me as I'm no reference in MP Skills but vs all kind of players before) Maybe it should have been a paired game or maybe any Scenario should be a Paired Game to make it as fair as possible, but here we go back to the Point of making it a smooth running contest. More Games = More Time needed = bigger disparity in Time for finishing a Round.

What is my point

We all should look at the bigger Picture

A member of the Community sets up a Tournament for all Interested (just want to mention sacrificing his good chance to win it himself)
The Tournament as far as I can see is running pretty well in terms of effort, passion and competitiveness
The Producers while not involved at all gave their blessings and some mild support even though Panzer Corps is an ending and finished Product while probably most resources go into the Development of Panzer Corps 2
Everyone is having fun to a certain degree, even the guys losing accept the Challenge and Loss with great Sportsmanship
Round 3 Scenario seems to be very fairly balanced (and I can tell you as a proud beta testing victim, there were more in consideration and testing them was not only a good idea, but probably spared you more controversity)

So just let the nitpicking go and appreciate what you got. I'm not fishing for compliments for goose and what he did, but all of you should be happy someone reached out and made some effort for your benefit.

And if we all handle it smart the Organisator of the Tourney will not only learn (which obviously already happened) and with more experience make the overall Thing better, but there is a good chance Chance this will become a regular event maybe even carrying over to the new Panzer Corps 2.

So i appeal to all involved here, see the Chances and embrace them, even help out with suggestions to make it all better and Please, this should be FUN in the First Place, not a dead serious Challenge where all results are carved in Stone once and forever. Be a good sport and accept the injustice of bad lot, a bad side, a bad turn of weather as you have to accept a bad roll of the Dice on each and every attack

Thank you
StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

Well said! I'm with you - and Goose - all the way!
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

@hurly

To be honest, I do not understand all this long post in defense of Goose.
None of those who lost have the slightest claim to him.
On the contrary, I noticed it is the biggest problem for the players who have won. :wink:
Shilod

Post by Shilod »

Reporting in: a game between DCK and Shilod was ended. In both parties commander DCK has won. Battles were hard. Very hard. In both paties i'm quickly take the central VP, but lost my fleet to opponenet. That was decisive factor in battle for coastal VP's. Also i have made some rough mistakes at the end of the game, and DCK used his chance. Congratulations to winner, and best of luck to all remaining perticipants :) I'm leaving the tournament with heavy heart (but thousands of my neurons will still alive, without those nailbiting battles :D ) But at all, that was a good expirience. May be Slitherine makes another tournaments in other games - such as Battle academy of Field of Glory and i'll be more lucky there :wink: So... thanks for your attention. Good bye, guys! See you in next year tournament :twisted:
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

Goose and i could come up with a new MP map for a future championship ;)
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
hurly

Post by hurly »

nikivdd wrote:Goose and i could come up with a new MP map for a future championship ;)
Hey that's a great idea, so if anything goes wrong with the balancing we can blame you :lol:

Would it be possible to just design a Map and then anyone gets a certain amount of Prestige to start with, but can decide which Country (Germans, Russians, Brits, US, even Italiens or French and Japanese. Polish Units anyone ?) he would like to go with ?
Ideal if both Combatants can choose the same Faction, like Germans vs Germans.

Timeline would certainly be factor in this, but when I See how well the French with their 1940 Stuff stand up vs the Italiens with several 1942/3 Units available there might be some darkhorse Choices available.
v8cobra99

Post by v8cobra99 »

I would like to join the championships next time.
My email is : v8cobra99@yahoo.com
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

v8cobra99 wrote:I would like to join the championships next time.
My email is : v8cobra99@yahoo.com

I added you to my expected email list for the next one, hopefully sign ups will start up around December 2017. ;)

Hoping to make this biannual, twice a year
goose_2

Return to “News & Announcements”