"could not write license data"...?????

Post your Technical Support questions here. Requires forum registration.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

ADAM4EVR
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

"could not write license data"...?????

Post by ADAM4EVR »

i installed the game but when i try to play it it says "could not write license data!" what does that mean and could you help me please :cry:
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having problems. This is not an error I've ever heard of so I'm not sure it is from the game. Which version do you have and we'll investigate? Details of your machine specs would also help.
ADAM4EVR

Re: "could not write license data"...?????

Post by ADAM4EVR »

ADAM4EVR wrote:i installed the game but when i try to play it it says "could not write license data!" what does that mean and could you help me please :cry:
well i dnt know where to find version number but found this thing that said Art. Number PF0927/US2 and dont know where i look up the specs could you help
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

What logos are on the box and which country are you in?

The spces of you machine are its operating system, memory and graphics card details. We need this info to try and track down any issues.
ADAM4EVR

Re: "could not write license data"...?????

Post by ADAM4EVR »

ADAM4EVR wrote:
ADAM4EVR wrote:i installed the game but when i try to play it it says "could not write license data!" what does that mean and could you help me please :cry:
well i dnt know where to find version number but found this thing that said Art. Number PF0927/US2 and dont know where i look up the specs could you help
well theres a History channel sign on top followed by the game name "GREAT BATTLES of ROME" theres a guy in legion suit weilding a sword and apperently yelling, at the bottom left theres 2 signs one says game rating the othr PC DVD-Rom ect., and at bottom right theres the slitherine logo and next to it the cdv logo country im in america
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Ok thanks so you have the CDV version from the US.

Can you tell us your specs. Operating system, memory, graphics card etc.

The most common reason for a file write issue I can think of is that you are running Windows 7/Vista and not as an administrator so you don't have privaleges to write out files. You'd need to log in as the administrator to do that, or reinstall the game for that specific user. It's one of the fun things about Windows 7 :(

Return to “THE HISTORY CHANNEL Great Battles of Rome : Tech Support”