Marlborough Battles

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Leonidas048
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Marlborough Battles

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello someone is asking to play battles from Marlboroughs campaigns like the battle of Ramilies and Malplaquet but i cant see them anywhere? They arent in the list and i dont know where to download them does anyone know this thanks.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Marlborough Battles

Post by rbodleyscott »

Leonidas048 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:19 pm Hello someone is asking to play battles from Marlboroughs campaigns like the battle of Ramilies and Malplaquet but i cant see them anywhere? They arent in the list and i dont know where to download them does anyone know this thanks.
They are in the list (by edward77), but only single player versions are available.
Richard Bodley Scott

Leonidas048

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello thanks for your reply but someone put them up on multiplayer challenge forum thats why i was asking. So you cant play them as multiplayer then?
Cronos09
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Cronos09 »

Leonidas048 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:05 pm Hello thanks for your reply but someone put them up on multiplayer challenge forum thats why i was asking. So you cant play them as multiplayer then?
I can play. I've written PM to you, read it.
Odenathus
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Odenathus »

There's an MP version of Blenheim.
Cronos09

Post by Cronos09 »

Odenathus wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:14 am There's an MP version of Blenheim.
I would like to thank you and Edward77 for creating such splendid scenarios from the era of the War of the Spanish Succession. I enjoy every time when I play them.
There is a detailed instruction on the forum on the conversion of single-scenarios into multiplayer viewtopic.php?f=319&t=72472
IMHO Malplaquet (almost perfect) and Ramilliers (after balance correction) scenarios are well suited for playing in the multiplayer mode, which I did. I am sorry that the author himself did not do this.
edward77

Post by edward77 »

Cronos, Thanks for acknowledgment on MP Malplaquet and Ramillies. I'm curious to know what were the balance corrections?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

edward77 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:48 pm Cronos, Thanks for acknowledgment on MP Malplaquet and Ramillies. I'm curious to know what were the balance corrections?
Cronos writes:
I like Edward77's scenarios for P&S very much, especially for wars of 18th century. Malplaquet and Ramillies are my most favourite. I converted them from a single mode to multiplayer one with some modifying the balance. I played these MP versions of Malplaquet and Ramillies with ahuyton, LFDLM, Airzerg and Pixel. They also liked these scenarios. According to the results of these games I modified the balance more correctly.

MP Ramillies:
In comparison with the singleplayer original I made all French units moveable and removed the flags from the map. The expierence of the French units (that were Average) I raised to Above Average. The expierence of Marlborough's 5 foot and 3 dragoon units (that were Superior) I lowered to Above Average. This was done to align the balance of a MP version of the scenario.

MP Malplaquet:
In comparison with the singleplayer original I made 4 French units moveable (Boirbonnais' and Bouzancois' Brigades). The expierence of Marlborough's 2nd/Bulow's Brigade (that was Average) I raised to Superior and Wortemberg's Brigade (that also was Average) I raised to Above Average. I introduced a limit on the number of turns too.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Scenario Design”