Waterloo 1815 playtest?

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Odenathus
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Waterloo 1815 playtest?

Post by Odenathus »

Does anyone have the time and inclination to give this MP scenario a try with me? Brigade sized units, 20 minute turns, covers from 11.00, includes variable late afternoon arrival of the Prussian IV Corps: the scenario is considered to end with an Allied victory (if they haven't lost) at 19.30 when the next two Prussian Corps arrived and the French became hopelessly outnumbered. I've MPed it with myself it several times. but don't want to ask RBS to release this and then find that it's horribly skewed towards one side.

Few caveats:
too big to send as an attachment, so you'll need to access it from my Dropbox (I'll send an invitation, so we'll need to exchange private e-mail addresses)
very large battle, all 128 slots used and a sizeable map, so best if you know what you're doing
well past the Pike & Shot period, so a lot of artillery and musketry, cavalry no use against unshaken infantry
something I've personally found worst when being a playtester for others - you may make the effort, then put forward several well-reasoned, historically accurate suggestions, and the designer (me, in this case) completely ignores them

No hard feelings if you start, then decide that it just isn't for you, or you don't have the time: I'd welcome your initial impressions anyway.

If anyone does fancy it please reply here, and we can press on.

Cheers

Odenathus
Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Waterloo 1815 playtest?

Post by Doyley50 »

I'll gladly give it a go, but not sure what to do with this dropbox.
Odenathus

Re: Waterloo 1815 playtest?

Post by Odenathus »

Thanks - could I ask you to contact me on my private e-mail markterence dot stevens at ntlworld dot com and we'll discuss further? It's supposed to be very easy and RBS uses it, but another friendly player found it difficult.

Return to “Scenario Design”