Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Some simple problems

Post by Paul59 »

See this thread from last year in the Modders Corner;

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 22&t=69650
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Odenathus
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Odenathus »

I feel your pain, it isn't always easy to tell which line of troops is going to be used from an image, or which way round its hats/helmets/etc are going to face.
If I'm going to completely recolour an image, or maybe delete parts of it - front, back, sides, flags, maybe spears, cannon - I often find it best to make a test model with 1,2,3,4, etc drawn (using paint.net) on the areas I'm thinking of changing. Then, when you open the Editor and place the image on the map, zoom in and you'll see which flag, figure, etc corresponds to which number, and which are not going to be used. This sounds a bit cumbersome and there's probably a far more scientific way of getting to the same point, but doing this does give you a very comprehensive layout to work from, and you'll know exactly what to put in and where. Hope this helps.
edward77
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by edward77 »

Thanks to both of you for the help. Got the idea now, although a bit hit and miss.
edward77

Post by edward77 »

Richard, Not so simple a problem! Is there any way of stopping AI fire and player response when the visibility range is exceeded?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

edward77 wrote:Richard, Not so simple a problem! Is there any way of stopping AI fire and player response when the visibility range is exceeded?
Well the short answer is by scripting it thus. What exactly are you trying to achieve?
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Scenario Design”