Post here links to the SP scenarios you have created

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post here links to the SP scenarios you have created

Post by rbodleyscott »

If you have created any SP scenarios for the community to enjoy, please post links to them in this thread. If they are good, we may add them to the officially recommended community downloads.

See the thread called "Making your Scenarios/Campaigns redily available" for how best to make your creations available and how others can download them into the game.

Some scenarios that have been posted:

English Civil War

Roundway Down - https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfp19ri73qvv1 ... y.lst?dl=1

1st Battle of Newbury - https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6ig5wv32w92r ... w.lst?dl=1
Richard Bodley Scott

Warlord156
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Post here links to the SP scenarios you have created

Post by Warlord156 »

1st Battle of Newbury........ needs a little polishing.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/44thahdc522bc ... w.LST?dl=1
Last edited by Warlord156 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mdavis41
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mdavis41 »

Sorry for the naïve question, but where do the LST and CPF files get placed to run a custom scenario? Someone had to ask! And thank you for being the first to share a scenario!
Warlord156
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Warlord156 »

The CPF file And the LST file, should both be placed in your chosen webspace......
Your link should be to the LST file, which is then linked to the CPF file.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can now both test your own campaigns on any platform, and also share them with your friends and the community.

To do this you will first need somewhere online to host your data. You can use any webspace, or many sharing and backup applications (like Dropbox as an example) allow you to get URLs which link to your files. Basically, if it is a URL you can use on the web, then you can use it to host your files.

There are then a number of steps you need to go through. First, any campaigns need to be packaged into a single .CPF file. This is done by first enabling debug mode (add the DEBUGMODE 1 line to your USER.TXT file), and then you will see a new Slitherine button when you choose Editor from the main menu. Simply select the campaign you wish to package and hit the button. The cursor will stop responding until the campaign has been packaged up. You can then find the CPF file in the same folder as the campaign.

You also need a .LST file containing details of your campaign, such as a short description and some other details. The format of this file is as follows
FILENAME <the name of this file>

[0]
NAME <CPF filename>
SHOWNAME <campaign name>
DESC <short description of the campaign>
MAKER <your username>
TYPE <0 for single player, 1 for multiplayer>
SIZE <in MB>
#URL <the full URL of the CPF file to download>

[1]

As you can see, you can have more than 1 chunk in the file, meaning you can use a single .LST file to add multiple campaigns to the download list. The FILENAME entry is optional, but if you include it then the game will cache the file and reload it each time, meaning you can permanently add the campaigns to your list. Note that redownloading a LST file with the same name will update the file, so be sure to use a unique filename for your LST file.

An example of a LST file is
FILENAME PIP_BETA.LST

Moderator Note: Note that the file needs to be saved with the .LST file extension, not as PIP_BETA.LST.TXT
You may need to fiddle with your text editor to make it do this.

[0]
NAME BETA_Slith_MP_Random.CPF
SHOWNAME BETA Slitherine MP Random
DESC Two reworked maps where both side's forces are randomised from a set force pool at the start of the mission.
MAKER PipFromSlitherine
TYPE 1
SIZE 1
#URL https://dl.dropbox.com/s/t58tchzkh9v7mf ... m.CPF?dl=1

Dropbox specific note: the ?dl=1 addition to the Dropbox URL - this is necessary for a direct download of the file, otherwise the URL will take you to a page with a download link.

Pro tip! If you use a URL shortening service (such as bit.ly or tinyurl) to point to your LST file then it makes is easier for users to enter.
Warlord156
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Warlord156 »

Battle of Roundway Down............. all feedback and constructive criticism welcome, thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/euo6j9zexn99b ... y.LST?dl=1
Last edited by Warlord156 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parmenio
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by parmenio »

mdavis41 wrote:Sorry for the naïve question, but where do the LST and CPF files get placed to run a custom scenario? Someone had to ask! And thank you for being the first to share a scenario!
naïve? - er no....

I'm going to have another go and getting the answer to this question.
Presumably, like the OP I'm not talking about creating my own campaigns and sharing them with the community but running some scenarios developed by others.

So............................................

I've downloaded the files where do they go?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

parmenio wrote:
mdavis41 wrote:Sorry for the naïve question, but where do the LST and CPF files get placed to run a custom scenario? Someone had to ask! And thank you for being the first to share a scenario!
naïve? - er no....

I'm going to have another go and getting the answer to this question.
Presumably, like the OP I'm not talking about creating my own campaigns and sharing them with the community but running some scenarios developed by others.

So............................................

I've downloaded the files where do they go?
This isn't going to work because the .LST file should be 1stNew.LST, not 1stNew.LST.txt

I have made one from it, and put it on DropBox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6ig5wv32w92r ... w.lst?dl=1

All you need to do is
1) Copy this link
2) Pick "Historical" from the Main menu
3) Hit the "Download Community Scenarios" button - 3rd button from left at the top.
4) Hit the "Download a Campaign Package" from the Internet button (the one with 3 dots).
5) Paste in the link (using the Paste button), hit the Tick button, and it should briefly download.
5) Select 1st Newbury from the list
6) Hit the "Download the Selected Campaign" button (the one without dots). Wait for it to download.

Return to Historical and hey presto 1st Newbury should be in your list of Campaigns to play.

Likewise, for Roundway Down:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfp19ri73qvv1 ... y.lst?dl=1
Richard Bodley Scott

parmenio

Post by parmenio »

rbodleyscott wrote:
All you need to do is
1) Copy this link
2) Pick "Historical" from the Main menu
3) Hit the "Download Community Scenarios" button - 3rd button from left at the top.
4) Hit the "Download a Campaign Package" from the Internet button (the one with 3 dots).
5) Paste in the link (using the Paste button), hit the ~Tick button, and it should briefly download.
5) Select 1st Newbury from the list
6) Hit the "Download the Selected Campaign" button (the one without dots). Wait for it to download.
Richard - I thank ee kindly for that (I'd already guessed that a file with two extensions wasn't good so it became .LST anyway)

Equally impressive is you anticipating my next request which was to make this information a sticky.... :D
parmenio

Post by parmenio »

...and we're good to go.

I have to say I'm very impressed with the way this works - is accessing community scenarios this way a Battle Academy thing?
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Micha63 »

The download and the Installation worked very well, thanks for the Scenario.
Please where is the scenariofile store to save it for a newinstallation ?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

parmenio wrote:I have to say I'm very impressed with the way this works - is accessing community scenarios this way a Battle Academy thing?
Yes
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Micha wrote:Please where is the scenariofile store to save it for a newinstallation ?
It is in

/My Documents/My Games/PikeandShot/Campaigns for SP scenarios/campaigns

/My Documents/My Games/PikeandShot/Multiplayer for MP scenarios/campaigns

However, while it might well be worth backing these up, they will not (should not) be overwritten by game patches/reinstallations because strictly speaking they are not part of the installation.
Richard Bodley Scott

Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

Thanks for info.
Warlord156
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Warlord156 »

Apologies to all who tried to download my scenario's.
I made mistakes with my download links, hopefully this has been rectified. Thanks to Richard for pointing out my errors. This whole process is still new to me and the learning curve is a little steeper than I had thought.
Again I apologise for any inconvenience, and ask that you be patient with a newbie and his stumbling around in the dark.
Thank you.
Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

Warlord156 wrote:Apologies to all who tried to download my scenario's.
I made mistakes with my download links, hopefully this has been rectified. Thanks to Richard for pointing out my errors. This whole process is still new to me and the learning curve is a little steeper than I had thought.
Again I apologise for any inconvenience, and ask that you be patient with a newbie and his stumbling around in the dark.
Thank you.
Thank you for making the Scenarios, hope you will create more for this good game.
Adebar
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Adebar »

Hello Warlord156!

Back again from my P&S free time ... How are things? Are you still working on those excellent ECW scenarios?

The download link for Roundway Down is dead (Dropbox links seems to vanish fast); could you please post a new link?

Thanks in advance!

IC XC
NI KA
CharlieChap
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by CharlieChap »

None of the download links seem to be active :-(
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Adebar wrote:Hello Warlord156!

Back again from my P&S free time ... How are things? Are you still working on those excellent ECW scenarios?

The download link for Roundway Down is dead (Dropbox links seems to vanish fast); could you please post a new link?

Thanks in advance!
Hmm, that is annoying if Dropbox links are time-limited. The files they refer to are still in my Dropbox, although it is possible that I reorganized it and killed the limks that way.

Here are some new links for however long they last:

1st Newbury:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mr0iq387mrcvy ... w.lst?dl=0

Rondway Down:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdc7at2rt23rg ... y.lst?dl=0
Richard Bodley Scott

Adebar

Post by Adebar »

Thanks, but ...

*sigh*

When I try do download Roundway Down scenario from within the game, the game freezes. I had to reboot my computer for I couldn't return to the desktop.

Don't want to be that niggling, but I miss the days of old when scenario making and sharing wasn't some kind of Kabbalistic science. :mrgreen:

IC XC
NI KA
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Adebar wrote:Thanks, but ...

*sigh*

When I try do download Roundway Down scenario from within the game, the game freezes. I had to reboot my computer for I couldn't return to the desktop.
Presumably Warlord's link within his .LST file has also expired. What is needed is for him to put the files somewhere where the link will not expire.
Adebar wrote:Don't want to be that niggling, but I miss the days of old when scenario making and sharing wasn't some kind of Kabbalistic science. :mrgreen:
The implication that the present issues are the fault of the game is a little unfair - the problem is with Dropbox's links expiring, not with the game's scenario download system.

I challenge any game to find a scenario from an expired link!

We hope to start putting selected user scenarios on our own FTP for direct access by the game soon. However, we need those scenarios to be tested and stable before we do this, as they are unlikely to get updated regularly or taken down once up there.

So there will still be a need to those who want to share their scenarios with other uses for testing to put the files somewhere where they can be accessed for longer than it would appear that Dropbox links are active.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Scenario Design”