Pike & Shot Sillyflower V Manstein63 new game

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Pike & Shot Sillyflower V Manstein63 new game

Post by rbodleyscott »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:41 pm Are either of you using Google Drive or Dropbox or another file syncing approach that includes the folder where the P&S save files are located (My Documents/My Games/PIKEANDSHOT)?

Cheers

Pip
Actually, for Pike and Shot Campaigns the folder is My Documents/My Games/PSCAMP
Richard Bodley Scott

Manstein63
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Manstein63 »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:41 pm Are either of you using Google Drive or Dropbox or another file syncing approach that includes the folder where the P&S save files are located (My Documents/My Games/PIKEANDSHOT)?

Cheers

Pip
Not to my knowledge, this is a server game so I believe that the files are not held on our PC's my opponent runs Pike & shot Campaigns through Steam whereas I am old fashioned & have it on my computer.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The game generates some temporary files into the local game folder when unpacking MP games, there seem to be other instances of file syncing apps causing issues with these files. I am not sure if this is caused by Windows changes in the latest update, a security change, or something else.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Sillyflower

Post by Sillyflower »

I'm not good at computers (rubbish actually) but don't think I am. I won't be if these require me to do something to use them :). I have this game on steam if that answers your qu. Not using any mods.

I have a separate but possibly related problem. For the last few weeks it has been very difficult to upload my turns. Normally it takes beteen 3 and 10 attempts. The record is over 50! Never a problem with downloading nor with any other Matrix PBEM game. I posted on Matrix tech forum on 16 June and Zakblood replied the same day to say that he'd passed to problem to you guys. I have not had any response which is a bit disappointing.
Post: I'm always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box art they will think I'm some kind of neo Nazi
Reply: They already know you are a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Pip isn’t part of the support team. Your best bet will be to email support@slitherine.co.uk

I happen to know that the main PBEM guy has been on holiday, which might account for the delay.

Meanwhile Pip is still looking into the original issue.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Tech Support”