Download historical battles and campaigns for "Pike and shot

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

billoux56
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Download historical battles and campaigns for "Pike and shot

Post by billoux56 »

Hello.
I have "Pike and classic shot" and "Pike and shot campaigns", they are enabled on Steam. I have Windows 10. Both versions are updated to 1.4.0.Pike and classic shot works fine, battles without problems.
For Pike and shot campaigns:
-When I run the game a message about a script error appears, but does not prevent the game from starting.
-It is impossible to download battles or campaigns, I get a message: There was an error unpacking the campaign. I completely uninstalled both games and reinstalled "pscampaigns" alone, the problem is always present. Only solution to install the two versions, download historical battles in Pike and shot "1", transfer the files PIKEANDSHOT / CAMPAIGNS in PSCAMP / CAMPAIGNS. It lacks the possibility of downloading campaigns.
Where can this problem come from? Is there a solution?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Download historical battles and campaigns for "Pike and

Post by zakblood »

will ask a developer to reply, as not seen the error reported, sorry for your issues
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Hi billoux, I assume you are dasboot58 on the STEAM forum?

I replied there:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377520/di ... 328660596/

I suspect something on your system - such as your firewall - is interfering with the downloads, because it works fine when I test it.

You can also email support@slitherine.co.uk but I think they may currently be short-staffed owing to holidays.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

In the meantime I have downloaded the three campaigns and uploaded them to DROPBOX for you so you can drop them into /Documents/My Games/PSCAMP/Campaigns

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kb4030jza1b5 ... S.zip?dl=0
Richard Bodley Scott

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

thanks rbodleyscott as always
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Note that P&S Campaigns and P&S use different FTP locations, albeit (I think) on the same server.

The P&S versions have extra data in them because P&S lacks some of the standard unit types that were added to P&S:C after the games diverged. Nevertheless, as you have discovered, the P&S versions should work in P&S:Campaigns, they will just be about 5Mb larger to download.
Richard Bodley Scott

billoux56

Post by billoux56 »

It was a parameter of my Avast anti virus that prevented the downloads. Thank you for your help.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the information, glad you are now sorted
julian2653

Re: Download historical battles and campaigns for "Pike and shot

Post by julian2653 »

I have the same problem every time I try to download most of the campaigns it comes up error unable to unpackage. I have uninstalled then re installed, looked at the firewall settings both steam & pike & shot have full permission's. Some have downloaded but not many so I'm missing the vast majority. It is why I purchased pike & shot campaigns in the first place as I already had the original pike & shot.
Can someone please help getting desperate. :cry:
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

julian2653 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:58 pm I have the same problem every time I try to download most of the campaigns it comes up error unable to unpackage. I have uninstalled then re installed, looked at the firewall settings both steam & pike & shot have full permission's. Some have downloaded but not many so I'm missing the vast majority. It is why I purchased pike & shot campaigns in the first place as I already had the original pike & shot.
I am told that recent versions of some AV software prevent programs from writing to the /Document folders to combat ransomware.

You need to set the AV to allow /Documents/My Games/PSCAMP to be written to for Pike and Shot: Campaigns, and /Documents/My Games/PIKAEANDSHOT for vanilla Pike and Shot.

This is because the download process downloads a temporary file and then unpacks it in those folders.

Also if you already have the Pike and Shot versions of some of these scenarios, they ought to work correctly in Pike and Shot: Campaigns, if you copy them from

/Documents/My Games/PIKEANDSHOT/CAMPAIGNS to /Documents/My Games/PSCAMP/CAMPAIGNS

(Note that the reverse is not true. Pike and Shot: Campaigns scenarios won't usually work in vanilla Pike and Shot without additional data)
Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

rbodleyscott wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:24 am
julian2653 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:58 pm I have the same problem every time I try to download most of the campaigns it comes up error unable to unpackage. I have uninstalled then re installed, looked at the firewall settings both steam & pike & shot have full permission's. Some have downloaded but not many so I'm missing the vast majority. It is why I purchased pike & shot campaigns in the first place as I already had the original pike & shot.
I am told that recent versions of some AV software prevent programs from writing to the /Document folders to combat ransomware.

You need to set the AV to allow /Documents/My Games/PSCAMP to be written to for Pike and Shot: Campaigns, and /Documents/My Games/PIKAEANDSHOT for vanilla Pike and Shot.

This is because the download process downloads a temporary file and then unpacks it in those folders.

Also if you already have the Pike and Shot versions of some of these scenarios, they ought to work correctly in Pike and Shot: Campaigns, if you copy them from

/Documents/My Games/PIKEANDSHOT/CAMPAIGNS to /Documents/My Games/PSCAMP/CAMPAIGNS

(Note that the reverse is not true. Pike and Shot: Campaigns scenarios won't usually work in vanilla Pike and Shot without additional data)
Is it possible that the server problems of the last week have affected scenario downloading as well?
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:20 am Is it possible that the server problems of the last week have affected scenario downloading as well?
Possibly. I am not sure if it uses the same server.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Tech Support”