flanking force

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

cromlechi
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

flanking force

Post by cromlechi »

My opponent had some units disappear when his flanking force appeared. I am guessing this is a bug and the best thing would be to restart? It's a tournament game.

Thanks for your advice.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: flanking force

Post by rbodleyscott »

cromlechi wrote:My opponent had some units disappear when his flanking force appeared. I am guessing this is a bug and the best thing would be to restart? It's a tournament game.

Thanks for your advice.
If it is a bug it is not one I have come across before. Was this in a user created scenario, a skirmish or what?
Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Do you mean that some of the flanking force did not appear, or that units from the main army that were already on map disappeared?
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Triarii
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by Triarii »

Hi Paul

I am Cromlechi's opponent.

It is a Le Roi Soleil tournament battle between Triarius and Cromlechi - Russian vs French respectively.

At deployment I got the 'you have despatched a flanking force to your left flank' message.
Consequently I weighted my advance to my left flank and trusted to good luck.

Start of turn 6 two units appeared facing directly onto the field - as expected with the flanking mechanism.

However at end turn 5 I had a very large cavalry force that was strung out from same and adjacent squares to the squares in which the flanking force appeared.
Certainly at least one and I think as many as three units from the original force that ended turn 5 in the entry square and adjacent squares, to those in which the two flanking units appeared, disappeared.

I have never had the situation where flanking units arrive exactly where main force units sit before and assume this is an unlikely occurrence anyway.

Hope this helps.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

If the units disappeared and did not merely get shifted further on to the map, then this does appear to be a bug.

The code is supposed to move blocking units out of the way, but perhaps it could not cope with the exact situation that occurred in this battle.

I suggest you do restart the game.

If anything like this happens again, please try to get a screenshot.
Richard Bodley Scott

cromlechi

Post by cromlechi »

Thanks will restart

Return to “Tech Support”