Longest Day for Android: Fatally Bugged

Frontline: The Longest day takes the action West, to the bloody beaches of Normandy.
Seleukos
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Longest Day for Android: Fatally Bugged

Post by Seleukos »

Without dwelling in detail on the other things like phantom or indestructible German unts here and there, and all the nutty stuff that happens when you reload a saved game, here's the game breaker:

Gold Beach. Purchase Unit command is broken. You need to buy a unit like the antitank infantry which can execute the March special ability victory condition. Therefore the scenario can't be won and no further scenarios can be unlocked. I've also seen it posted elsewhere the scenario can't be won on the other victory condition of eliminating all enemy units because one of the German units can't be seen or killed. Given the other bugs, there's no reason to disbelieve it.

Come on, 88mm. Please patch the game to the version it should have been released as in the first place.
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Longest Day for Android: Fatally Bugged

Post by FroBodine »

From all the comments, this game appears to be very buggy. This, coupled with the developers being non-existent on the forums, really turns me off to this company who makes Frontline.

Slitherine has a very good reputation, but they should think twice about supporting games by this developer. They are sub par, and I will really be careful when purchasing from Slitherine in the future, and make sure they are strongly supporting a game before I buy.
Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Rosseau »

I've got 30+ hours into FL:RtM on PC with absolutely no issues. Sounds like they might have rushed the second release, but who knows?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

patch is incoming any time soon :wink:
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by FroBodine »

Did you read that somewhere, that a patch is almost ready?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

yes posted by the developers

viewtopic.php?f=316&t=54843
IonutG
Shenandoah
Shenandoah

Post by IonutG »

Hi,

The update is ready and submitted since before Christmas, we are waiting for confirmation.
We're very sorry for the delay.

Cheers,
Ionut
Seleukos

Post by Seleukos »

Thanks very much, IonutG. I look forward to playing on.
Seleukos

Post by Seleukos »

So this past weekend I noticed that Frontline: Longest Day had moved to the front of the queue on my Kindle Fire. Opened the game, went back to a Gold Beach save and yes, an update: can buy units now ! I got my AT guy, made him execute the March command and voila, since I'd already captured all objectives, looked like all I had to do was mop up the remaining pockets of Germans with the scenario as good as won.

Wrong. I had some things to do this morning, saved the game 2-3 times and came back to it. On the last save, somehow Fog of War clouds rolled in over map territory already previously cleared by capturing the Signal objectives, meaning I can't see or move troops to kill the remaining Germans.

Thus I still can't win Gold Beach and damned if I'm going to waste any more time on this game.
bhandel58
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by bhandel58 »

Game still has bugs.

Return to “Frontline: The Longest Day”