Frontline cheats

Frontline: The Longest day takes the action West, to the bloody beaches of Normandy.
bdoubled
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Frontline cheats

Post by bdoubled »

Is there a command line available in the game, and if so, what are the valid commands that can be used?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Frontline cheats

Post by zakblood »

none known to me, maybe someone else does :?:
bdoubled

Post by bdoubled »

Hi Zak,

I wonder how you cheated to get more resource points. In your how-to guide, you said this:

"oh and notice or not, hide the fact that i have cheated and now got 9100 resource to spend[8|][;)][:D]
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

yes, not from any command line, a straight edit of game code, almost forgot about that tbh :twisted:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (276.37 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
find your game save, back up then edit it, files called SaveData and it's a XML document, so any file editor can open and alter, i used notepad, but wordpad will do also, amend and save then load, as there's only one game save file, no order is needed, so it just does the level your on, so can skip to any in order as soon as you find the line of code that is, like i've said before mind you, editing save files is for those who can't get passed a section as it will or could spoil the game or break it, i do it for guides and screens shots only, then again i don't play games only test them.

things i've learnt using this,

you can't destroy or damage AA unit from the air, 20+ attacks does no damage to the AA unit, but you loose a few planes, which to me means anything near AA sites are no go for bombing, which is rather strange as well, as on DDay your air power should be at the highest, but plays little in this opening level even if you can afford it or not, better to not bomb i've found and buy units instead, better and more useful, so just another one of my many tips, still like the game, basic with hidden depth but also quick and easy to learn and most of all fun

Return to “Frontline: The Longest Day”