New tournament

Forum for the organisation of official and user tournaments or leagues.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

enric
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

New tournament

Post by enric »

Rostov is near its end.
Even with the ugly incident, will some of you participate in another tournament? For example (First Crisis at Army Group South).
glenghiscan
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: New tournament

Post by glenghiscan »

I'm in if you'll have me !
Celeborn
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Celeborn »

I certainly will if for no other reason than to provide some chum. As for scenario I am fan of late-war or anything with elves.
Zarevic
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Zarevic »

Great!
I´m in if there is a place
Txs
morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by morge4 »

I'll make time for it! Count me in. :mrgreen:
pomakli
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by pomakli »

Me too!
scottyballgame
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by scottyballgame »

Can I get in the next tournament?
random27
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by random27 »

I will play if you want :)
glenghiscan

Post by glenghiscan »

Enric said he wasn't hosting another tournement due to the ugly incident (apparently somebody was cheating) which spoils it for the rest of us
enric

Post by enric »

glenghiscan wrote:Enric said he wasn't hosting another tournement due to the ugly incident (apparently somebody was cheating) which spoils it for the rest of us
Yes there were several players cheating.
But the main reason why I decided not to host another tournament is because the way to cheat subsist in BA. So, if it is possible to do, someone will do it again. And you will never be sure if your opponent it's a very lucky man or a …
glenghiscan

Post by glenghiscan »

You should name them or create another tournament and exclude them
enric

Post by enric »

glenghiscan wrote:You should name them or create another tournament and exclude them
One of the cheaters, after being excluded, he was angry with me, and replied that he was doing it because many other already do…
I think it has no sense to make an effort for a game that could be cheated. I may honor everyone, but the game should be free of the possibility to cheat.
Even playing just challenge games, without tournament, I found player that have a very poor play, but an extraordinary luck… and this is ok once, twice, but not always.
This can only be fixed by Slith, and it's clear that for them the game is over.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Please detail your cheat-free system :) We already track cheaters and warn them, or ban them. We tightened it up as a response to the issues you raise.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Gordo25
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Gordo25 »

I'd like to take part in the tournament, when does it start?
enric

Post by enric »

Please detail your cheat-free system :) We already track cheaters and warn them, or ban them. We tightened it up as a response to the issues you raise.

Cheers

Pip
Well, I know that you track cheaters but, in my opinion, the procedure is very permissive and only when it's obviously that someone is cheating, he is banned.
Remember you told me that: "It looks like he is redownloading about half of his turns", but he gets no more that a warning message. So if you cheat, but not too much…

I think the only way to avoid cheating in the current BA version is to be absolutely strict:
If you got a force quit, you lost that game, and the game is over.
It doesn't matter if it was by any kind of an accident, like someone as unplugged your computer, the router was down, or you "made a bad move", a game that quits with the wrong way is a game lost.
For me this way will be a free cheater system.
random27
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by random27 »

i agree with glenghiscan, i'd like to know cheater's name.
I play this game now for years, i've played several tournaments and i was thinking that players of this kind of game couldn't be cheaters.
Maybe i'me too naive, but for me, wargamers play just for the game.
I'm disappointed of that
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

enric wrote:

Cheers

Pip
Well, I know that you track cheaters but, in my opinion, the procedure is very permissive and only when it's obviously that someone is cheating, he is banned.
Remember you told me that: "It looks like he is redownloading about half of his turns", but he gets no more that a warning message. So if you cheat, but not too much…

I think the only way to avoid cheating in the current BA version is to be absolutely strict:
If you got a force quit, you lost that game, and the game is over.
It doesn't matter if it was by any kind of an accident, like someone as unplugged your computer, the router was down, or you "made a bad move", a game that quits with the wrong way is a game lost.
For me this way will be a free cheater system.
I agree, and your report helped show up a bug that had crept in. It should be a lot more strict now. That said, I will revisit it with the server team - I am personally not averse to being quite strict, and doing something more on a per-game basis could work better to prevent this kind of 'in tournament' cheating.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
glenghiscan

Post by glenghiscan »

What about it then enric ? Now pips watching invite a select few or players on trusted recommendations and create another tourney the games crying out for it and I think brumbars having a rest before he does another
enric

Post by enric »

glenghiscan wrote:What about it then enric ? Now pips watching invite a select few or players on trusted recommendations and create another tourney the games crying out for it and I think brumbars having a rest before he does another
I agree to deal with another tournament but there are two things that must be done.

I honor all players, but for their own security players must accept that:
1) Quitting a turn with the wrong way means a match lost (no matter the reason why).
2) Pip's team will supervise all players involved and make me know (as the tournament master) each "force quit" of the involved players. No need to ask for it.

I think the first one will we be easily accepted by players with an interest to play a tournament.
The second one, and the most important, is in the Slith hands, maybe making some server code that send some data to me (email) when a tournament match is force quit. I do not know if Pip's work will allow this extra.
glenghiscan

Post by glenghiscan »

Sign me up ! And I fully agree with the rules and really can't see why people cheat ? There's nothing wrong with losing to a better player that's how you improve

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Tournaments & Leagues”