Axis SP Campaign: Combat Missions - UPDATE 09/13/2016

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.
Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

nikdav
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Axis SP Campaign: Combat Missions - UPDATE 09/13/2016

Post by nikdav »

It would be very interesting expand the database with some basic Hungarians, Romanians and Finns units !
rwm59
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rwm59 »

nikdav wrote:It would be very interesting expand the database with some basic Hungarians, Romanians and Finns units !
Hello Schweinewitz,
I've worked months ago at Winter War on Soviet - Finnish Theatre.
I've prepared a CSV file with correct name of Finnish troops using the Existent Icons ( I am not able in term of painting icons or creating a new...).
If You like I can send you the CSV file mod. More, I've crated a Map but due to the fact I am not able with this part of mod is not fantastic.

So if you think these can be useful for you I can send you a zip folder with all my old work....
best
Ric
mpetri
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by mpetri »

nikdav wrote:It would be very interesting expand the database with some basic Hungarians, Romanians and Finns units !
I think you could probably fiddle around with the Soviet Ski Rifle and Ski SMG units to creat the famous Finnish ski troops.....

Hungarians and Romanians might be a bit trickier.
rwm59
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: German SP Campaign: Combat Missions - UPDATE 09/13/2016

Post by rwm59 »

Hi, looking into your campaign's folder I saw another scenario, Sapristi. How it can work ?
I am not able to create a mod so I don't know how to do it.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Tnx
Ric
Schweinewitz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Schweinewitz »

Hello folks!

Just drop by to let you know that I'm still alive. :wink: Had a little burnout concerning BA, was involved in other projects recently, had some real-life trouble - you get it.

Sorry for not answering the PMs and posts in this thread, I was near the edge to abandon the project in its entirety.

But I'll catch up on everything for I plan to continue the project soon.

Cheers!
dkdom
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by dkdom »

Ow, I didn't see this campain the last time I came on this forum...
I will try it this week end...
rwm59
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rwm59 »

HI,
I 've try in any ways to modify something in your SQUADS.CSV file but , this is very strange, it seem is protected and, more, if i made a mod ( for example tanks can carrie on troops) when open the editor game the game crash. I've tried to open the .csv file with many, many types of application, in one of these , a text reader, I read -- you can't modify this file...

IN other words, if one TOUCH THIS FILE COMPROMISE IT.....every time i must download all the campaign and re install the original....

This is a little bit boring, isn't so ? Maybe you should be so kind to help me to know how I can unlock this lock on this file ?
Another one :What is the reason because in these file the rows with the unit infos are alternated with one clear?????

BTW : this campaign is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
prattaa
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by prattaa »

These scenarios are excellent. Thank you so much.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

rwm59 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:31 am HI,
I 've try in any ways to modify something in your SQUADS.CSV file but , this is very strange, it seem is protected and, more, if i made a mod ( for example tanks can carrie on troops) when open the editor game the game crash. I've tried to open the .csv file with many, many types of application, in one of these , a text reader, I read -- you can't modify this file...

IN other words, if one TOUCH THIS FILE COMPROMISE IT.....every time i must download all the campaign and re install the original....

This is a little bit boring, isn't so ? Maybe you should be so kind to help me to know how I can unlock this lock on this file ?
Another one :What is the reason because in these file the rows with the unit infos are alternated with one clear?????

BTW : this campaign is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The file SQUADS.CSV does not seem protected, I can open it and modify it without any problem. Your problem surely comes from elsewhere. I have opened this file with LibreOffice and Notepad++ and I do not read "you can't modify this file...".
enric
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by enric »

rwm59

Most files included in BA scenarios are text and can be modified easily, but these files are "code" in some way, and a coma, or any other character, in the wrong place may crash BA.
It's a must to read all the documentation about making mods.
Eagletanker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Eagletanker »

Can anybody get a LST. File
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

Has anyone played the new map for the campaign or is the Italian mission still in the works? I'm only asking because I'm not sure if there's any link for an updated version or if the link for the first iteration has been replaced by the updated version's.
cam405
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by cam405 »

Thank you for putting together SP Campaign. Played through the entire lot. BA2 is still a joy! :)

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Scenario Design”