Need to find more Coop scenarios (ipad version)

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.
Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

sightreader
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Need to find more Coop scenarios (ipad version)

Post by sightreader »

This game is GREAT!

Where can I find more (scripted) multiplayer coop scenarios? We've finished all the ones in the base game and, sadly, the Kursk release doesn't seem to have any new ones.

The quick battles are real nice but a bit repetitive if you're playing the computer.
Brummbar44
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Need to find more Coop scenarios (ipad version)

Post by Brummbar44 »

I've been working on SP and MP Panzer Blitz conversions for the game and it occurred to me just last night that they might also be fun as co-ops. I might have to look into that for the next batch...but I don't know of any others at this time, sorry.
sightreader
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sightreader »

Brummbar44 wrote:I've been working on SP and MP Panzer Blitz conversions for the game and it occurred to me just last night that they might also be fun as co-ops. I might have to look into that for the next batch...but I don't know of any others at this time, sorry.
Well cool, ANYTHING you can come up with would be awesome!

I think most coops can work as single player ones, no?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

IIRC all that is needed for single player missions to be playable as coop is that the player units have their team set, and that the CAMPAIGNS.TXT file has the COOP tag for each mission. Check out the main game campaign files for examples.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 »

Perfect! Thanks Pip, I'll look into that...if it's simple enough there would be no reason not to set those up.
sightreader
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sightreader »

pipfromslitherine wrote:IIRC all that is needed for single player missions to be playable as coop is that the player units have their team set, and that the CAMPAIGNS.TXT file has the COOP tag for each mission.
Awesome! I hope folks are able to convert more SP battles into coop! Any hope of turning Kursk campaigns into coop?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Kursk missions are designed to carryover, so are not balanced for coop play. That said there is nothing to prevent you from duplicating a mission, rebalancing the units for standalone play, and making it coop compatible.

Cheers

Pip
sightreader
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sightreader »

pipfromslitherine wrote:The Kursk missions are designed to carryover, so are not balanced for coop play. That said there is nothing to prevent you from duplicating a mission, rebalancing the units for standalone play, and making it coop compatible.

Cheers

Pip
Oh. I haven't tried it, so I guess I don't know what the "carryover" means. Does that mean that the points you have for the next battle are based on the points from the previous battle?
sightreader
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sightreader »

pipfromslitherine wrote:That said there is nothing to prevent you from duplicating a mission, rebalancing the units for standalone play, and making it coop compatible.
By the way, is this possible in the iPad version? I don't have the PC version..
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

You would need a desktop version to get access to the editor.

Cheers

Pip
sightreader
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sightreader »

pipfromslitherine wrote:You would need a desktop version to get access to the editor.
By the way, is playing a scenario at all fun if you designed it? Wouldn't the suspense factor be gone?
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

sightreader wrote:
pipfromslitherine wrote:The Kursk missions are designed to carryover, so are not balanced for coop play. That said there is nothing to prevent you from duplicating a mission, rebalancing the units for standalone play, and making it coop compatible.

Cheers

Pip
Oh. I haven't tried it, so I guess I don't know what the "carryover" means. Does that mean that the points you have for the next battle are based on the points from the previous battle?
Carryover means that the units from the pervious scenairo along with their strenght and experience that survive will appear in the next scenairo of the campaign. You can't really do that in multiplayer since scenairos are separate
sightreader
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sightreader »

best75 wrote:
sightreader wrote:

Cheers

Pip
Carryover means that the units from the pervious scenairo along with their strenght and experience that survive will appear in the next scenairo of the campaign. You can't really do that in multiplayer since scenairos are separate
Dang. So it would be hard to tell how much to add?

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Scenario Design”