BA 1 and BA 2 mods

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.
Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

DukeDavid
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

BA 1 and BA 2 mods

Post by DukeDavid »

Can anyone help a computer illiterate wargamer with BA1 and BA 2. Some of the mods listed in the forum look great but I am not sure how to download them. I am using a desktop PC with Windows 10.
Thanks in anticipation
Cromwell.
morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: BA 1 and BA 2 mods

Post by morge4 »

If you are downloading the mod as a zip file, you will extract the files to ...'your_name'\my documents\my games\ (either BBCBA or BA2)\ (Campaigns or Multiplayer) folder, depending if it is a Single player (Campaign) or Multiplayer mod.

If the file is a .lst file, copy the link. From inside the game, click on Campaigns. Along the top, you will see an icon that looks like folders, click on it and this will go to the download scenario screen.

Click on the toolbox in upper right corner, this will bring up a URL window. Paste the .lst URL in the window and click the Check button. The scenario will download to the game and will be shown in the User Content Download area, it will have a Star next to it.

Highlight it and click the folder with the red arrow at the bottom center of the screen. this will download the files to the correct folders on your PC.

After this, you will see the new mod either in your Campaigns or Multiplayer areas. To see it in Multiplayer, you have to create a new challenge and it will show up in the list of scenarios to choose from.

Hope this helps. Oh, and by the way, scenarios\campaigns are not interchangeable between BA1 and BA2. :wink:
bobk
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by bobk »

Hi morge,
Do you know if those instructions work for the ipad version also, as far as the toolbox and URL window opening?
morge4

Post by morge4 »

I believe they should using the .lst file URL. do not believe they will work for the zip files on ipad.

I use PC so not 100% sure.

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Scenario Design”