Scenario Design

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.
Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Schweinewitz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Scenario Design

Post by Schweinewitz »

Sure, you can remove all units, set back all VP and AI settings etc. and save the scenario under a new name. Afterwards delete the old scenario in your custom campain folder. Then load the 'cleaned' scenario and start anew.
lowtech
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by lowtech »

Hello All,

Some n00b questions:

Multiplayer scenarios- is there anything specific in terms of settings one must do in order to "enable" a scenario for Multiplayer? Put another way: if I make a standard scenario and then mail it to my opponent and we both then have it and both place it in our multiplayer (docs) folder, can we play via the server?

thanks
lowtech

Post by lowtech »

I am also interested in altering "troop quality" (Promotions) in a scenario- but can't find anything in the vanilla editor to do that. I imagine that is somewhere in the actual "code level" of the scenario...
cavehobbit
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by cavehobbit »

Hi lowtech,
lowtech wrote: Multiplayer scenarios- is there anything specific in terms of settings one must do in order to "enable" a scenario for Multiplayer? Put another way: if I make a standard scenario and then mail it to my opponent and we both then have it and both place it in our multiplayer (docs) folder, can we play via the server?
If you start creating a scenario using the editor, you got an option for the scenario to be a mp scenario (in the same screen where you name the campaign folder and the campaign). You can zip the scenario folder (in the multiplayer folder) and send it to your opponent, who then unzip into the multiplayer folder.
When I create a new scenario I copy an existing scenario folder (usually a template scenario folder I got with a map without any terrain features, units, etc.) and change name of the folder, map file, etc. Then I create the map and place units. This way the scenario get all the scripts I want, any adjustments to the squad.csv file, and extra units not included in the vanilla game.
lowtech wrote: I am also interested in altering "troop quality" (Promotions) in a scenario- but can't find anything in the vanilla editor to do that. I imagine that is somewhere in the actual "code level" of the scenario...
You can change troop quality by having the "Unit placement mode" activated, then point at a unit, and using key 0-3 to change the experience level. 0=novice, 1=standard, 2=experienced, 3=elite

Good luck!
/P-A
lowtech

Post by lowtech »

Dear Cavehobbit-
Thanks so much. I've enough to design something (although I may have a corrupted file!! always have a backup) if you IM me I'll send you a copy.
Lowtech
lowtech

Post by lowtech »

A couple of observations:

For the victory point "plug in" (as far as I can tell) only Side "0" can be the attacker. In my scenario using the plug in, I want to make the Victory Conditions for side "1" (Soviet) Capture "X" VPs- but that condition is only available to side "0" (the Axis in this case). Since there are about 50 or so units I'm not looking forward to replacing all of them.

Since I used the excellent "Near Smolensk" Scenario as a basis- my scenario has the same game length and "deploy" phases. I can't find the "set turn length" anywhere, under conditions there's a "start time" and "minutes per turn" which I set to the same values as a scenario that had a similar turn length to what I wanted but the turn count remained the same (18) and not what I wanted (26). So any guidance on "deploy phase" and turn length would be appreciated. For example how does one set up a game that starts at dawn for "x" turns and then turns to daylight? Or daylight to twilight or even night?

Deployment Phase: In the Editor There is a "Toggle Deployment" Button but despite my many years of study of Ancient Hittite, I can't really decipher the meaning of the the three different modes :wink:

Otherwise the Scenarios and all the Mods that Cavehobbit, Petcat, dkom, Brummbar44, Enric and all the rest ae outstanding.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Hey everybody, just to let you know that if ever you decide to create some Battle Academy 2 scenarios i'll be glad to playtest them to help you balance them out.
All I ask is that they're not too big (say around 25 units) and that they have some tanks in them because I find all-infantry battles boring and never play them..:)

rico21

Post by rico21 »

boring to win? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Scenario Design”