BA 2 Historical Flag mod

Modders can post their questions on scripting and more.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Philippeatbay
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

BA 2 Historical Flag mod

Post by Philippeatbay »

I've adapted the BA Historical Flag mod to BA 2 and the non-Steam and Steam versions have been uploaded to my box account and are available for downloading.

The mod changes thirteen dds files and comes in two versions: one version replaces German flag symbols and repaints the German unit icons into a more traditional grey. The other version replaces the flag symbols but uses the game's original red unit icons.

I've included both versions of the mod in the same download in case you have trouble deciding which look you prefer. The grey unit icons tend to disappear when fighting in crowded environments like cities, but the grey is more authentic. I've included both versions of the mod as complete installations, so you won't have to go hunting around inside the game folders to figure out where things go. And you may even find yourself switching back and forth between versions, depending on the scenario.

The mod can be downloaded from these links:

The regular non-Steam version:

https://app.box.com/s/nkynki8c93bhiwaw56siazrykkg3gvsd

The Steam version:

https://app.box.com/s/wbv4ihexirt5ultfouklc6frsclzrjse

My account sometimes runs out of bandwidth towards the end of the month. If that ever happens, just wait until the next month and you will be able to download.

Non-Steam version:

This mod uses a manual installation. After you unzip the mod to a safe place, copy and paste the mod's Slitherine folder to wherever you keep your Slitherine installation. The folders in the mod are set up in such a way that everything should fall into the right place.

It's always a good idea to make copies of what you are about to overwrite in case you hate the mod.

The red unit icon version of the mod needs to be removed from its folder before you try to copy and paste it into the folder that has your Slitherine folder. If you leave it in the 'Red Unit Icon version inside (Slitherine)' folder, it won't change anything and the game won't be able to read it.

Steam version:

This is a manual installation Steam mod that is not part of Steam Workshop. What that means is that if you ever verify the integrity of your installation, Steam will overwrite the mod with the original files. So always be prepared to reinstall the mod after you do this (which you should probably do from time to time anyway).

After you unzip the mod to a safe place, copy and paste the mod's Steam folder to wherever you keep your Steam installation. The folders in the mod are set up in such a way that everything should fall into the right place.

The red unit icon version of the mod needs to be removed from its folder before you try to copy and paste it into the folder that has your Steam folder. If you leave it in the 'Red Unit Icon version inside (Steam)' folder, it won't change anything and the game won't be able to read it.
Philippeatbay

Re: BA 2 Historical Flag mod

Post by Philippeatbay »

Four textures were left out of version 1.0, so I've added them to 1.1.

If you have the latest version, from time to time you should see something that looks like this:

The new version can be downloaded from the links in the first post of this thread.
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

Never say never. Emerson's hobgoblin struck again and I made a small adjustment to one of the Soviet unit icons.

If your green Soviets have a red star rather than a green star on their icon, you have the latest version.

The mod's version 1.2 can be downloaded from the links in the first post of this thread.
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

The last parts of the mod have fallen in place, and it's up to version 1.3c.

I've ported a few flags from the BA1 mod to BA2's editor, and added back in a few textures that got left out of the original game.

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Modders Corner”