Stalingrad Campaign

Modders can post their questions on scripting and more.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Stalingrad Campaign

Post by MacD2013 »

I also ran out of time, I was able to slog my way through the factory district and towards the elevator but ran out of turns at the train cars just outside of it. The map is beautifully done, also like how aggressive you made Soviet forces, I was not expecting a localized counter attack on the left flank with armour.
MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 »

Tried it a second time and was able to "win" capturing 4 flags, concentrated artillery fire and Stuka support on the right flank this time while the Soviets counter attacked in open ground and decimated them. Was able to virtually walk in to the grain elevator and capture the VP just to the right of that. Caught Soviet reinforcements in the open in the roadway outside the elevator and was able to use artillery on them to stop the counter attack there. Left flank was stone walled just outside the trenched area. Was likely a turn away from capturing a 5th VP just to the left of the elevator.

Cant say how much we needed this map for a Stalingrad, its great. One thing, the Soviet Katyusha continues to hit virtually the same point throughout the map. Would have made the advance far more difficult if it had different strike points.
Amaris
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Amaris »

Thx again for feedback.

A new version with some corrections (forces, Katyusha, objectives, ...) will come: no date for the moment (I had some problems in real life...)

I planned a short campaign with 4+ ? battles (Grain Elevator, Tractor Factory, Red October Factory, Defense of Airfield and perhaps a final one ; I don't know if I'll set it with carryover or not!

I planned too some MP battles to reuse the maps. :wink:
“Take care, my friend; watch your six, and do one more roll… just for me.”
MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 »

Man I can't wait to see the others!
glenghiscan
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by glenghiscan »

Carry over would be brilliant there a lot more challenging as you've got to think many turns in advance rather than just sending men to the slaughter just to uncover enemy positions and draw fire etc I think market garden was by far the hardest of the add on map packs
MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 »

Second the carryover, Im a big fan of carryover and with Stalingrad you'd really feel how much of a grinder it was and be forced to tread carefully.
Interstate40
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Interstate40 »

This looks really interesting and am testing first map now (looks great). Love how you quality modders (along with Petcat an Enric etc) are keeping the BA2 flame alive.

In terms of new units, how about some Croation and Rumanian? The 369th Croatian Reinforced Infantry Regiment saw lots of action and were a bit loose but tough, at least initially (until support troops were pressed into action).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_orde ... Stalingrad
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/369th_Cro ... Wehrmacht)

Keep up the great work!
Interstate40

Post by Interstate40 »

Test play feedback - pretty tough but not unbeatable. Had 9 turns left, had captured two flags and was closing in on two more but game ended with Objective Failed message. Other than that, great work so far!!
Amaris
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Amaris »

Thx again for feedback. I forgot to set correctly the length of the 1st battle.

Please be patient, I'm slowed down because of my broken right wrist (car accident and of course I'm right handed...)

About carryover I'm agree its will be great for Stalingrad. I have some experience with carryover :wink: and I just want to avoid the snowball effect: A 'grognard' player will have a good score, so he will have more units, so an even better score. Then a 'poor' player will have a lower score, so less units, ... So I'm think about a new bonus to call some reinforcements to help player. Of course, I'll set an achievement to not to called reinforcements.
Amaris
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Amaris »

Upcoming objects : ruined walls

Interstate40

Post by Interstate40 »

Replayed a few times and made it through to 4 flags with a few turns to go. Love the super aggressive Russian units, and the map is superb. Looking forward to next instalment!
MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 »

Amaris wrote:Thx again for feedback. I forgot to set correctly the length of the 1st battle.

Please be patient, I'm slowed down because of my broken right wrist (car accident and of course I'm right handed...)

About carryover I'm agree its will be great for Stalingrad. I have some experience with carryover :wink: and I just want to avoid the snowball effect: A 'grognard' player will have a good score, so he will have more units, so an even better score. Then a 'poor' player will have a lower score, so less units, ... So I'm think about a new bonus to call some reinforcements to help player. Of course, I'll set an achievement to not to called reinforcements.
Were you the gentleman that created the Ortona "Little Stalingrad" map? That map you had the possibility to call reinforcements twice, but if you exhausted both of them in the first part of the map, the second map you had no reinforcements and you were basically pooched.
Amaris
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Amaris »

Yes it's me and I consider a same system :wink:
Amaris
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Amaris »

Second (beta test) release: version 0.2 -> http://amaris-games.com/wp-content/uplo ... INGRAD.LST

Some corrections for the first map ; now only the balance / difficulty may be wrong! Or not! :mrgreen:
MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 »

Amaris wrote:Yes it's me and I consider a same system :wink:
That was a great map too, brutal to get through.
Amaris
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Amaris »

Stalingrad - Tractor Factory Administration Building:

enric
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by enric »

Nice map.

Notice that the action to destroy wall/hedge doesn't always work.
For exemple Barricade. The unit expends the charge but the barricade is not destroyed.
Attachments
barricada.jpg
barricada.jpg (74.36 KiB) Viewed 8445 times
glenghiscan

Post by glenghiscan »

For some reason I can't download this version ? Do I need to delete the previous one ? I'm on iPad
Amaris
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Amaris »

Thx for feedback ; @enric: I'll investigate!, @glenghiscan : yes delete the previous one.
enric

Post by enric »

@amaris
CHECK_ALL_CUTHEDGEDROW activates the action when adjacent to barricades, but when executing the action (ALL_CUTHEDGEDROW) the Barricade object is not checked, so if the barricade has no an additional hedgrow/hedge, the actions happens but the barricade is not removed, because Remove_Wall_under_Hedge is never called.

HIH

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Modders Corner”