Screen Flicker on Game Start - Cannot Launch

Tech support for Battle Academy 2

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

wbp3517
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Screen Flicker on Game Start - Cannot Launch

Post by wbp3517 »

Just purchased 2 nights ago & installed via Steam.

Whenever I start the game it gives a message that it will reach to the internet and then the screen begins flickering. Have to Ctl-Alt-D to force shutdown.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1
Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model N56JR
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU ASUS-NotebookSKU
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2394 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
GPU GeForce GTX 760M
Resolution 1920x1080 60Hz

Please Help!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Screen Flicker on Game Start - Cannot Launch

Post by zakblood »

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)
wbp3517
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by wbp3517 »

See DxDiag

Have confirmed firewall (no problem)

Not sure how to run from admin within steam.
Attachments
DxDiag.zip
(14.62 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
wbp3517
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by wbp3517 »

Should add Kursk DLC downloaded as well (in addition to base game)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

change dpi back to default

System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)

96 dpi is the default and which most games work with, which is 100%, anything else some games work while others don't and give errors
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0416&SUBSYS_14AD1043&REV_06
Display Memory: 1792 MB
Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
Shared Memory: 1760 MB
also some games won't work with onboard video, others will, as onboard use system memory and doesn't have it's own, so when i game says minimum is 256mb or 500mb, this means Dedicated Memory in most cases not shared.

driver date is out of date Driver Date/Size: 10/1/2013
same as audio Date and Size: 8/20/2013

P8: <<PROCESS>>: DisplayLinkUI.exe is the error and why the game and others on your report aren't working, are you also trying to do more than one monitor? if not it's the driver and memory sizr which is or could be causing you your error

i thought you model came with a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760M 2GB GDDR5 card inbuilt but as you have no drivers or any mention of it installed, i guess not, in which case if onboard only, try a driver update and sound and see if it works, if not there's not a lot i can do as it's hardware and or lack of i'm sorry to say
wbp3517
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by wbp3517 »

I will look at these – but I am away right now

It does have the GTX 760M as well – not sure how to manage the dynamic switching within steam as well – not sure how to manage the dynamic switching within steam . . .

Thanks for the feedback – I will try these update status
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

It does have the GTX 760M
if it doesn't then, you need to have the driver installed for it, as it's not shown in your report, sort that out and the game will work fine, you need the Nvidia site auto tool for that, then make sure as you have a dual chip laptop, to set the GTX 760M as the default chip or most games will still try and use the onboard one so you will be back as square one with it, good luck
wbp3517
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by wbp3517 »

Okay - think I'm resolved. Did update Intel driver but no difference.

Resolution: from task manager right clicked on Properties. Under Capatability did Run Compatability Troubleshooter. Just accepted all. Believe I'm good to go.

Thanks for the support send I look forward to playing

Return to “Tech Support”