Tech support for Battle Academy 2

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

scole
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Issue With Updating Scenario

Post by scole »

Hello,

I'm having an issue in updating scenario.

First step is to remove the older version. No problem. I follow the steps below:
enric wrote:Probably somewhere is already described but…

BA has a very odd way for deleting a scenario:

- Go multiplayer.
- Go my challenges.
- Select New Challenge (very odd, to delete a scenario you must simulate that you will create a new challenge!).
- Then nothing is still in sight, you must then select in the list the scenario you want to delete.
- Then in the bottom right of the screen should appear a new button:"Delete this campaign".

A few people can guess it, I'll give a D- in an interface evaluation. :)

My problem is when I go to the User Content Downloads to paste in the link to the .lst file there are at least two versions of the scenario in queue to download. I cannot delete. I've tried downloading the scenarios then deleting but no matter how many times there's always another one in queue.

I've tried downloading the latest version anyway but think this is how I got into trouble as I now have multiple versions of the scenario and no way of deleting them or telling which version is what.
enric
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Re: Issue With Updating Scenario

Post by enric »

Hi Scole

This is an old issue, comes from BA1, and I did not understand why has never been fixed.

Given the user an option to delete items of this list this will solve the problem. Now, users on Mac or PC can manually delete the file_name.lst that is placed in;
/Users/enric/Documents/My Games/BA2/SAVES

Users on iPad could do it with special software, files are placed in the same directory, but managing inside the iPad is not recommended if you do not have the known how.
scole
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by scole »

Thanks Enric!

Do wish the feature to delete would be in the user interface in addition to digging into the folders.

All I would add is to say that after deleting exit BA2 then reload as the current program will still show the old files in the User Content.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The .LST file support is definitely a power user feature, and the UI isn't always kept up to date. scole you don't mention your platform. As Enric says, on desktop you can simply delete the stored files to remove then from your list.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Brummbar44
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Brummbar44 »

In working on the Barbarossa Skirmish Campaign Multi-Player League (that's a mouthful!) we are getting a number of mismatch script errors and I think I now know why.

When I update the file (which I try not to do often) on PC and Mac we can simply delete the old version then download the new one and all is ok. But...I think the iPad crowd is stuck here.

Is there a way for iPad to overwrite files? I don't have an iPad version so I can't do any testing...and insights are appreciated.

Return to “Tech Support”