Tech support for Battle Academy 2

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Epicouros
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Data not matching in multiplayer

Post by Epicouros »

Hi,

With the last turn (skirmish game) I received from my opponent (jcb 989) came an in-game message saying:

"The scripts or other data being used by your opponent do not match yours. You should contact the other player to ask why their data is different. It is recommended you abandon the game and report the issue on the forum."

So, I didn't abandon the game (yet), but I contacted my opponent via chat when sending my own turn and am reporting the issue here on the forum.
Does anyone have an idea what's going on?...

Thanks!
Tac2i
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Data not matching in multiplayer

Post by Tac2i »

One possibility is your opponent is trying to cheat. Another possibility is that he has in some way modded his game.
Galangalad
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Galangalad »

This is a cheat message. The person was trying to reload the data and redo the moves because he might have not liked the outcome of the first run-through or redo the moves or whatever.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

It does not mean cheating but that your files do not match. This happens if someone has modded their game. It could be used for cheating which is why we pop this message up, but in reality because of the message nobody does use it to cheat, so it is almost certainly just someone with a mod.
btek
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by btek »

Galangalad wrote:This is a cheat message. The person was trying to reload the data and redo the moves because he might have not liked the outcome of the first run-through or redo the moves or whatever.
I have seen this message once at the beginning of a game.

I have also inadvertently come across a multiplayer game exploit. BA2 shut down during a move (due to unrelated computer problem). I ended up redoing the move, already knowing some of the likely outcomes. My decision was to still take the same actions in order to be fair.

I have no intent to use this expoit, but wouldn't want it used against me either.

Would the message discussed above (or any other warning message) be generated mid-game in a case when someone is trying to take advantage of this particular cheat?
treacypr
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by treacypr »

We got this message in Multiplayer during the 1st turn. I had been downloading scenario and campaign content from your site to facilitate some MP games.
Gonqueasel

Post by Gonqueasel »

My brother and I play a great many co-op games and we get this message every game - very bizarre.

Return to “Tech Support”