New Website Issues

If you have any feedback on the web site or any problems let us know and we'll try and sort them out ASAP.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

uneducated
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

New Website Issues

Post by uneducated »

1) Indian Spring Field of Glory Tournament Missing

This tournament is ongoing but is not listed

2) My Page: My Tournaments

Though I am participating in Indian Spring, the page indicates that I have not participated in any tournaments.

3) No Merchandise

How about stocking some stuff like a Slitherine T-shirt or cup. There are 3rd party organizations that can sort some branded merchandise, if desired.

The new website looks clean and more modern.
gwgardner
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Re: New Website Issues

Post by gwgardner »

Fully 50% of the website page is wasted blank space, on the two sides. Makes no sense. I am using 1920x1080 resolution.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for the feedback.

Uneducated, the tournaments are being fixed and should be up and running later this week.

Merchandising is an interesting idea but the logistics are pretty hard. We have a global audience and storage and delivery becomes an issue. We can outsource it but last time we looked there isnt anyone who can deal with it globally so only a subset of the audience would be able to buy and it would be a bad user experience for everyone else. Having said that its something we should have another look at for sure.

GWGardner, if you zoom in you can fill the screen. Most pages are this kind of width and you just adjust the zoom level to make it work. Let me know if this helps.
uneducated

Post by uneducated »

IainMcNeil wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:35 am Thanks for the feedback.

Uneducated, the tournaments are being fixed and should be up and running later this week.

Merchandising is an interesting idea but the logistics are pretty hard. We have a global audience and storage and delivery becomes an issue. We can outsource it but last time we looked there isnt anyone who can deal with it globally so only a subset of the audience would be able to buy and it would be a bad user experience for everyone else. Having said that its something we should have another look at for sure.

GWGardner, if you zoom in you can fill the screen. Most pages are this kind of width and you just adjust the zoom level to make it work. Let me know if this helps.
Hi, Iain!

There are companies now which specialize in putting customized branding onto merchandise like mugs and T-shirts and then making it available online. Here is an example of one such organization, though I am not sure how good they are:

link removed

Some of these outfits basically automate everything for you, once they have received the designs, and handle the shipping too.

I am trying to think of how physical goods might be used well with digitial products. Trade fairs and promotional, in-house videos might be one occasion. I think there might be some benefit to co-selling, for example an Empires: Field of Glory T-Shirt alongside a (boxed?) edition of the game. Having (strictly) limited edition runs of a particular item, for example, a tournament winners mug trophy, might increase their value somewhat. The beautiful artwork for the digital figurines in Empires: Field of Glory must have been costly to create. Those wonderful efforts could be deployed profitably again on T-Shirts. This might help in e-sports, with teams wearing Roman Legionary T-shirts playing against Carthage Elephant T-shirts.

I gather that pithy quotations from ancient times are being incorporated into Empires. T-shirts lend themselves to such slogans.

You can see a group of players banging their (various) Slitherine mugs together in "Cheers". The collision between the mugs would represent strong friendship and conflict.

Would it be profitable and worthwhile though...?

If I have time, I shall have a further look for a company that would handle everything. I seem to remember one but can't call it to mind right now.
Last edited by zakblood on Sat May 18, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link removed
MikeMarchant

Post by MikeMarchant »

The webiste looks very good.

The tournaments section has some problems, though. I didn't inspect this section exhaustively, but every tournament I lookd at declared itself to be empty when I tried to see the result, even though the tournaments were clearly well over.

When I did the same on the Legions of Steel tournaments on page 4 there was a server error which just presented me with pages of code.

Best of luck.

Mike
uneducated

Post by uneducated »

uneducated wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:51 am
IainMcNeil wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:35 am Thanks for the feedback.

Hi, Iain!

There are companies now which specialize in putting customized branding onto merchandise like mugs and T-shirts and then making it available online. Here is an example of one such organization, though I am not sure how good they are:

link removed

Some of these outfits basically automate everything for you, once they have received the designs, and handle the shipping too.

I am trying to think of how physical goods might be used well with digitial products. Trade fairs and promotional, in-house videos might be one occasion. I think there might be some benefit to co-selling, for example an Empires: Field of Glory T-Shirt alongside a (boxed?) edition of the game. Having (strictly) limited edition runs of a particular item, for example, a tournament winners mug trophy, might increase their value somewhat. The beautiful artwork for the digital figurines in Empires: Field of Glory must have been costly to create. Those wonderful efforts could be deployed profitably again on T-Shirts. This might help in e-sports, with teams wearing Roman Legionary T-shirts playing against Carthage Elephant T-shirts.

I gather that pithy quotations from ancient times are being incorporated into Empires. T-shirts lend themselves to such slogans.

You can see a group of players banging their (various) Slitherine mugs together in "Cheers". The collision between the mugs would represent strong friendship and conflict.

Would it be profitable and worthwhile though...?

If I have time, I shall have a further look for a company that would handle everything. I seem to remember one but can't call it to mind right now.
Something like this, with a Slitherine/Empires/Field of Glory logo somewhere:
T-Shirt Idea2.jpg
T-Shirt Idea2.jpg (26.02 KiB) Viewed 9644 times
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

IainMcNeil wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:35 am
Yes, that solves the problem. Thanks. Never knew about the zoom feature for webpages. I use firefox.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks uneducated those full service merchandising services they tend to massively overprice things so the customers get fleeced but we'll have a look! :)
z1812z
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by z1812z »

This site is painfully slow. As a comparison the Matrix Site is instantaneous. I am comparing both, side by side, on the same computer and the difference in loading times is very noticeable.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're getting sporadic DOS attacks over the last week and trying to work out how to defend against them without stopping legitimate traffic. Its all a bit of a pain :(
mbar
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mbar »

The new website is FANTASTIC! The integration of downloads of owned games with the games main page, wishlist, finding games, everything is MUCH improved over the old page where you had to scroll and hope you recognized the box art of the game you were looking for. Great work so far!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks Mbar - if you spot any issues please let us know!
mbar
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mbar »

Two DLC for WH40K Sanctus Reach are not on the My Page tab. They are registered on the old site. I did not purchase the missing two until 19 April 2019. I'm guessing that is why.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We'll investigate. Thanks for the feedback.
Hiyou
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Hiyou »

Hello, I have a problem logging into site during login, it produces this error, please tell me what should I do to fix the error.
Last edited by VPaulus on Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: User detais shown
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Please contact support[at]slitherine.co.uk
guanotwozero
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by guanotwozero »

Hi!

On Firefox I can see the Slitherine site & forum just fine but I'm having problems with the Matrix side. I've been having frequent "400 Bad Request" errors on the Matrix forum, and just today on the main sales page too. Earlier today the forum seemed fine and I managed a post, but immediately afterwards the 400s resumed.

I've tried deleting relevant cookies but no change.

I can see the site fine on Chrome and can log in on the main page, but if I go to a forum page it lists me as "guest". Maybe because I'm already logged in with Firefox.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

guanotwozero wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:17 am I can see the site fine on Chrome and can log in on the main page, but if I go to a forum page it lists me as "guest". Maybe because I'm already logged in with Firefox.
If you are logged via Firefox than you'll be only logged in that browser. If you want to use Chrome (or any other browser) than you need also to login via that browser.
guanotwozero
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by guanotwozero »

VPaulus wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:57 pm If you are logged via Firefox than you'll be only logged in that browser. If you want to use Chrome (or any other browser) than you need also to login via that browser.
I did log in via Chrome; going to the forum it says I'm logged in as "guest" and cannot post.

Using Chrome to log in to the Slitherine side, that works normally.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

You've to go to the forum and then login via the forum login:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/loginflat.asp

Return to “Site Feedback”