Slitherine and Matrix Websites will not open

If you have any feedback on the web site or any problems let us know and we'll try and sort them out ASAP.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

SLB
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Slitherine and Matrix Websites will not open

Post by SLB »

Using Windows 7/IE 11, I can not open the two websites (Slitherine and Matrix) - each briefly flashes and then the page is blank. I can open any other site on the internet. I do use fairly rigorous security settings and have changed the Services settings, so it may be something I have done. The only related site that will open is the forums. Thanks for your assistance.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Slitherine and Matrix Websites will not open

Post by VPaulus »

I've just tested with IE11, and both sites are working.
Try resetting your IE11to the default settings or use another Internet browser.
SLB

Post by SLB »

I am/was hoping someone had a similar experience and could point me in the correct direction, so I could isolate why my particular settings will open all websites, but Matrix and Slitherine. If need be, I can open both using Mozilla, but I prefer IE11. Based on past experience, there is typically one setting that is preventing me from opening the two sites.

I was planning to buy Grigsby's War in the West, but hesitated due to the possibility of having to register/communicate with Matrix.

Thanks - hopefully something will materialize.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I'm sorry but I haven't seen anyone reporting a similar issue. it might something very specific on how you have IE11 configured.
Anyway, if you favour security, then you should be using Firefox (with NoScript + AdBlock+) instead of IE11. :wink:
SLB

Post by SLB »

Question - if I buy Grigsby's War in the West from Amazon, to get patches/updates, will I need to register it on the Matrix website or will this occur thru the game, similar to Steam?

Thanks for your assistance.

PS: Always something in the background. If I first delete the IE browsing history under Tools and check ActiveX Filtering under Tools, I can open the Slitherine site using the Store or Products buttons on this page. Who knows I may stumble across the setting sooner or later :)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

SLB wrote:Question - if I buy Grigsby's War in the West from Amazon, to get patches/updates, will I need to register it on the Matrix website or will this occur thru the game, similar to Steam?
Amazon version is fully identical to the Matrix version, including the update.

To get the official updates (in Matrix and Amazon) you can do one of the following:
1. Clicking on the update button in the game launch screen
2. By registering the game on a Matrix/slitherine account and download the update manually from the member's area
3. By contacting us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk and ask for a download link for the update

Please note, that beta patches can only be downloaded from the Slitherine/Matrix member's area
SLB

Post by SLB »

Update 1: For Version 1.00, the update feature is located in Windows Start/All Programs/Grigsby's War in the West folder. In the updated version (1.01.20), there is a Check for Update button.

I purchased Grigsby's War in the West from Amazon and installed it. The options screen shows Version Installed 1.00 and Exe File Version 1.00.00. Regarding patches/updates:

1. There is no update button on the launch screen (US Soldier with binoculars) or the game options screen (green with options and preferences)

2. When I try to register the game using the button on the launch screen, I get the Page Not Found screen. I can not access the Home page from here, as discussed above. Following my steps above and starting on this forum page, I got to the Members Club Registration and Create a new user account page. Is this where I register my game and get updates/patches?

3. I can not access support at your website as discussed above.

Need another option or assistance in resolving the access issue.

Thanks

PS: Having problems playing the introductory air campaign - hopefully updates will fix this.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Regarding your issues:

1. The missing update button was fixed with the next patch. You'll find the update button in the game launcher screen, not in the game main menu.
Anyway, you can update, by opening the game installation button and running the file named "Update.exe"

Alternately, you can also update the game manually, by downloading the last last patch from the link below:
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/WarIn ... v10120.zip
Once you have downloaded the file please unzip it. Run the extracted file to update the game.

2. When I try to register the game using the button on the launch screen, I get the Page Not Found screen.
We have changed our site recently, so that button is linking to a page that doesn't exist any longer.

You don't need to register any new account, as you already have one. Just login (using the same details you use for loging in the Slitherine forum) to any of your member's area:
http://www.matrixgames.com/members/
http://www.slitherine.com/members/

You'll be able to register the game in this area.
It's also from this area that you can download Updates/patches and redeem Steam keys (once the game is release on that platform).

3. You can access support by open a helpdesk ticket through your Matrix Member's area or contacting us at support@slitherine.co.uk.
However if the support you require is related with gameplay issues, than you'll need to post them at the War in the West subforum section in the Matrix Games forum, where the game developers and the community may assist you:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1434

To login at the Matrix Games forum you can use the same login details you use for accessing Slitherine forum and Slitherine/Matrix member's area.
Please note that like the Slitherine forum, you need to login separately at the Matrix forum:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/loginflat.asp

If you experience any login issues, I suggest you to change the password at:
http://samelogin.slitherine.com/Manage/ChangePassword
This will change the password in all your accounts, as they should be unified under the same username and email address.
SLB

Post by SLB »

Thanks - excluding the problem I have directly accessing your website, all looks good.

Return to “Site Feedback”