Possible bug in forum software

If you have any feedback on the web site or any problems let us know and we'll try and sort them out ASAP.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Possible bug in forum software

Post by Tarrak »

I wrote a post in the Panzer Corps forum and there seems to be a bug with the quotes formatting, see viewtopic.php?f=121&t=41416&p=389461#p389461.

The code looks as follows:

Code: Select all

[quote="KeldorKatarn"]
[quote]
5) In the original Panzer General, if I surrounded an enemy plane with all my planes it couldnt move and I was able to finish it off next go without having to chase it around the map. Is there a cheat that allows me to do this on the DLC's.[/quote][/quote]
PzC does not have the zone of control concept for air planes. I don't know however whether there is a cheat for this. I don't think so.
[quote]
Now i am trying to delete one of the double "/quote" tags in line 4 but as soon i press preview or submit it "magically" reappears. I tested this with Opera 12.14 (64 bit) and Firefox 19.0.2 (32 bit) on Windows 7. Both browsers behave same so it doesn't seems to be a browser related problem.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Possible bug in forum software

Post by IainMcNeil »

You have too many open quotes in it I think?
KeldorKatarn wrote: 5) In the original Panzer General, if I surrounded an enemy plane with all my planes it couldnt move and I was able to finish it off next go without having to chase it around the map. Is there a cheat that allows me to do this on the DLC's.
PzC does not have the zone of control concept for air planes. I don't know however whether there is a cheat for this. I don't think so.
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: Possible bug in forum software

Post by Tarrak »

You are absolutely right Ian. It's not a bug in board software it's a bug in my brain. The last "quote" tag obviously should be a "/quote". It seems the board software somehow tries to fix the problem and get confused and adds the "/quote" tag in line 4 when i delete it. This magical reappearing of the tags just confused me so much i totally missed the true mistake i made. Problem solved due to it's non existence in the first place. :)

Return to “Site Feedback”