Ordering system seems awry

If you have any feedback on the web site or any problems let us know and we'll try and sort them out ASAP.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Hengist
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Ordering system seems awry

Post by Hengist »

Trying to order FOGA FOGR plus 3 army books, but the site won't let me order 'Rise of Rome' or 'Legions Triumphant'

Is the ordering system down?

(multiple attempts to try to clear my 'cart' aren't working either, nor my attempts to 'decrease increment' or 'increase increment'
bassani2009
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bassani2009 »

Hi Hengist

The ordering system seems to be up and running. Can i ask you to delete the cookies from your internet browser only we had a similar issue and this was resolved by clearing the cookies from the users internet browser.

Kind Regards

Slitherine Support
Natus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Ordering digital games

Post by Natus »

Well, I'm having an issue where I can't keep my cart filled, and it also auto-adds games that I had deleted from it. This is more than basic stuff, guys, and it doesn't give me the greatest confidence that the games are going to be supported well when you can't get your ordering system to work. I am literally trying to buy two games, but whenever I add the second, or go back shopping to look at other games, my cart is empty. I simply don't have the time for this in 2012.

Take a look at GoG. They seem to know how to do it.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

We have 1000s of people using the system daily, so I am not sure what might be causing your issues, but we will try and get you up and running correctly.

Can you let us know what browser and OS you are using. Do you have any special browser setup? Have you tried using an alternative browser to see whether you see the same problems?

Cheers

Pip
Natus

Post by Natus »

Thanks, Pip!

No, I am using Google Chrome and I haven't tried it on Explorer 9. I may not get the chance before the sale ends. I've certainly never had this issue on Gamersgate, Steam, or, as I said, GoG. They are only too happy to make ordering (and buying) hideously easy.

btw, with each post I get this:
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Seems to work once I re-send it. Sure it isn't your site?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

We usually get feedback pretty quickly if the forums are broken in some way :). Do you have your privacy settings especially high, or something like that? It might explain why the session cookie was being lost.

I am posting this via Chrome to check it's no something endemic.

Cheers

Pip
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seemed to post fine, although I did get an error from the mail server, but that is a periodic issue we have been having from the (seperate) email server.

Just to get the full picture, what OS are you using?

[Edit: which happens no matter the browser].

Cheers

Pip
Natus

Post by Natus »

Windows Vista Home Premium. I simply can't seem to get back to my full cart after I click "Continue Shopping." Really irritating.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

And are you using the default privacy settings on Chrome?

Cheers

Pip
Natus

Post by Natus »

Dear Pip,

Yes. Should I change them?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm just trying to work out why you are having issues when most people are not. It seems like cookies are being blocked entirely (which is why nothing is being remembered) but the default settings shouldn't do that. I know Chrome has 'private browsing' settings, and am wondering whether that might be the issue.

As you are on Vista, trying the site on IE would be very useful.

Cheers

Pip
Natus

Post by Natus »

Thanks for all your help, Pip. I just went over to Matrix and, despite the registering there being a pain, got the games I wanted with no Cart issues.

But with all due respect, if I was not such a wargame nerd, I wouldn't have even done that. Nowadays, you guys need to make it easy, and if that means working out wrinkles with Vista and Google Chrome, then so be it. In the coming months and years, things are only going to get more competitive. Please make it easy to buy your games.

P.S. And post on your forum ;)

Return to “Site Feedback”