Left/Right UI Mode?

ccxvii
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Left/Right UI Mode?

Post by ccxvii »

Is it possible to activate a left/right UI mode like all the other games using this engine such as Pike & Shot, Sengoku Jidai, Battle Academy, and Sanctus Reach? I find it very hard to retrain my muscle memory for this left-only UI mode...
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Left/Right UI Mode?

Post by zakblood »

sorted :wink:
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

It should be available IIRC. If there is no option ingame you could try editing the OPTIONS.TXT file in My Documents/My Games/HELL. I believe ControlMode is the value, set to either zero or 1.

That said, it is possible to fix it as a tweak I think, so you may also need to add a line to the USER.TXT file in the same place for LeftRightDefaultUI, with again a zero or 1 value.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
ccxvii

Post by ccxvii »

I could not find an OPTIONS.TXT file in the My Documents/My Games/HELL directory. Adding one with the line you mentioned (and USER.TXT) didn't seem to have any effect.

After poking around a bit I found the Hell/Core/UI/OPTIONS.TXT file in the Hell game directory. That file has a commented out section with an [OptionsUIModeButton]. I tried uncommenting that part and indeed a Left/Right UI Mode toggle button appeared (somewhat awkwardly placed) in the options dialog in the game! And the button works.

My problem has been solved, so I just wanted to let anyone else who runs into this know how I managed to fix it. It would be good if the developers could put in the button properly in the next patch.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Well there has to be an options file there somewhere :) But also fine for you to hack out the button yourself! Kudos :)

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
ccxvii

Post by ccxvii »

I figured out why I couldn't find the OPTIONS.TXT... I quit from the mission using Alt+F4 and that triggered a crash before it could create an options file:

Unhandled Exception! ExpCode 0xC0000005 ExpFlags: 0 ExpAddress: 0x004CF2D1.

If I exit to the main menu and press the Quit button Hell exits cleanly and writes out an OPTIONS.TXT. Once the OPTIONS.TXT had been created, setting ControlMode to 0 did the trick.

Thanks!

Return to “Tech Support”