GUI Aspect Ratio

stuntboots
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

GUI Aspect Ratio

Post by stuntboots »

Hi there!

I've just purchased Hell and started it up, and it seems like the aspect ratio is incorrect on a lot of the GUI graphics? I'm playing in 2560x1440 and images look like they've been stretched from 4:3 to 16:9. I tried to post some example images, but the forum has told me: "Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs."

And it's not just the menu graphics, things like the current side's turn shield is also distorted. Is there something I can do to fix this up?

Thanks in advance for any help!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: GUI Aspect Ratio

Post by zakblood »

game was never meant to be run so high so wasn't tested for it, like 99% of all games tbh, i'd drop it down for the game as i can't see it being altered any time soon to suit either.

i own a new Viewsonic 28" 4k 30Hz 1ms Widescreen IPS LED Monitor that runs at 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD, that doesn't work with almost any game i own without altering it, so that's what you get for latest hardware i'm sorry to say :roll: :wink:
stuntboots

Post by stuntboots »

Hiya, thanks for the reply!

I'm not so sure it's a high resolution issue. Dropping it down to 1280x720 or 1920x1080 still yields the same problem, so I'm fairly certain something's just going wrong with the aspect ratio. When I set my resolution to 1920x1440 (4:3), everything looks how it should. I just can't imagine a game released so recently would have been designed to run in 4:3?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The game stretches some of the visuals by design. It's not an ideal solution, and our new engine handles it in a better way.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
stuntboots

Post by stuntboots »

pipfromslitherine wrote:The game stretches some of the visuals by design. It's not an ideal solution, and our new engine handles it in a better way.
Hey, thanks for the response!

Do you mean there's an engine replacement coming? Or that for future games this won't happen?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Future games will not suffer from this issue.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Tech Support”