Willpower

Hell is a turn-based tactical skirmish strategy game developed by award winning developer Hunted Cow in partnership with Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

divi8
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Willpower

Post by divi8 »

Willpower is important. Fail the test and you break.
Everytime you get hit you lose a willpower, but what are the ways to gain willpower. Is this just by leveling up?
And when and why exactly do you have to pass the willpower test?
chrisdhcs
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Willpower

Post by chrisdhcs »

The rules for losing willpower go something like this; if a unit's health is less than or equal to 33% of its max health - willpower debuffed -2, 34-66% max health, willpower debuffed -1. So a unit can restore willpower by being healed. Some actions also add status effects that can temporarily debuff a unit's willpower. Equally, some units have abilities to buff a unit. The Paladin, for example, has a trait that buff's all nearby units' willpower by 1.

Willpower tests are used in a few places. Off the top of my head, there are combat actions available to some units that specifically use willpower in determining if it hits or misses. I think the tooltips should state if an action uses willpower or not, but the combat log should (hopefully) give a clearer picture of when willpower is used in combat.

Also, after a turn has been completed, all units on the playing side that have received more damage than they have inflicted will undergo a willpower test, if they fail this the unit is broken. Broken units only get half their usual MP allowance and retreat each turn.

I think the standard willpower test is essentially 2D6 less than or equal to your willpower.

Hope that helps somewhat. :)
divi8

Re: Willpower

Post by divi8 »

Yes, thanks.

I find the manual unsatisfactory.
Zone of contole for instance is not fully explained.
Sometimes a unit can't enter a certain tile of a ZoC without knowing why.

Last time, a enemy unit's Zoc south (let s call the tiles from left to right A, B and C) : i could enter the A and C tile but not the B with two units coming from the west. (There were free non zoc tiles beneath the A, B and C tiles). I still don't understand why I couldn't enter the B tile of the zoc...

Return to “Hell”