Very Difficult

Hell is a turn-based tactical skirmish strategy game developed by award winning developer Hunted Cow in partnership with Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Very Difficult

Post by zakblood »

your welcome, same engine so both are good
Cyn0sure
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Cyn0sure »

This mission is not only difficult, it's ridiculously difficult. Especially for a very *first* mission in a campaign! :shock: Is it win-able? Evidently it is, according to one or two of the clever/persistent/lucky players who posted here. Me, I'm certainly no newbie to turn-based tactical games. I've been *blazing* through the first few missions in Battle Academy's desert campaign, even with the difficulty set at the highest. But three times I've tried this first mission in the Hell campaign, with the lowest difficulty setting, and though I perform better and get further with each try, in the end I still lose miserably. Yes, I've played the tutorials (which were minimally informative). And yes, I've employed all of the tactics that have been prescribed here, and then some. But it seems to me that I must deploy, position, and play everything *exactly* right for this puzzle-like mission, *and* the dice rolls really need to fall in my favor, if I'm to win and get past it.

No wonder this game is getting such negative reviews on Steam. Yes, most of thosereviews were written by those who played less than six hours of this game. And no wonder! They got frustrated and disgusted with it, and moved on to other games. Which I what I'm about to do. Although, I'm still interested in trying the skirmish/multiplayer modes, so that the game is not a total loss for me.
Last edited by Cyn0sure on Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobk
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by bobk »

Cyn0sure
you might want to dip into the editor and make some changes, zak makes it sound fairly easy to add or subtract a few units. Can this be played from the demon side? That might be a good way to see how the AI fights the bad guys.
I might also suggest "shift 3" which gives you a cool street level view, It also works in battle academy.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

for me it's a great view and a good way of playing it, street view of fpv first person view for me is one of those things added are it was released that makes it better, if only some gave it a chance :cry:

and yes editor can make it all easier or harder depending on your game play style
Igorputski
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Igorputski »

Battle Academy sucks compare to this game.
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

It is very difficult is you are new to the game. Unfortunately most new players won't have to patience to stick with it. It is a shame since Hell is such a nice game.
Igorputski

Post by Igorputski »

If they give up that easily on a simple game like this they don't need to be playing wargames anyways. It's very simple when you use the proper tactics.
Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Rosseau »

That's why I like moddable games like Hell with an editor. You can edit scenarios as well as have fun with the csv files.

Playing MP you're on your own obviously :)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

still think this is a great game, now just wish i had more time to replay it and maybe do some modding again on it
smittyohio90

Post by smittyohio90 »

I just played the first campaign mission on Hard difficulty for the first time, and thought I was going to get crushed at one point, but ended up winning pretty easily on I started making sure to keep my units together and supporting correctly ...

As interesting as the whole demon concept is, I think I'd like it even better with a fantasy theme (orcs, goblins, etc). A strategic layer on top would be even better.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

well there is a editor, it's easy to use so why not mod one?

good luck
marc33594

Post by marc33594 »

I have the iPad version and not sure if any significant differences. Of course, as far as I know, I don't have the option of the editor.

I am completely stuck on mission 7. The computer player seems to have unending reinforcements. They have an inordinate amount of demon archers with their area attack and setting units on fire. Trying to protect even one entry point is almost impossible. They suddenly swarm over the walls with flying units and with their ranged units destroy catapult/s.

Anyone have the secret to defeating this scenario? Is there a posted hints section for the various scenarios?

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Hell”