Different points for both armys in scirmish mod

Hell is a turn-based tactical skirmish strategy game developed by award winning developer Hunted Cow in partnership with Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Different points for both armys in scirmish mod

Post by zakblood »

must agree, it's a great game, have you tried the editor?

if not give it a go once you have finished it, easy to use and can extend any battle or make it your own from scratch in a few hours, then share it with friends,nobody as yet done any mods for it, i've done a few for myself, but not good enough to share as yet, but you never know if you don't fire it up and at least see it, most don't, have read steam users views and tbh don't do many favours to the game, seems to be like Marmite, with 50% either way atm :roll: :wink:
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

It's worth sharing your mods I think. They can often help other people with ideas and your implementations, and I think you will be surprised how keen people are for more content :)

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

i did think about it, and also agree with your post, but as i did them when i did the beta, would need to update them now as well, and that takes time, plus test them, share them etc and amend where needed, have a bit too much on atm testing to do it as well, but will do it one day, just not in the next few weeks or months maybe :oops:
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

Hi Pip, can you let us know if there is another update in the works for HELL?
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Micha63 »

zakblood_slith wrote:must agree, it's a great game, have you tried the editor?

if not give it a go once you have finished it, easy to use and can extend any battle or make it your own from scratch in a few hours, then share it with friends,nobody as yet done any mods for it, i've done a few for myself, but not good enough to share as yet, but you never know if you don't fire it up and at least see it, most don't, have read steam users views and tbh don't do many favours to the game, seems to be like Marmite, with 50% either way atm :roll: :wink:
Sorry, there is no time for this. When i have some minutes left i"m creating scenarios for Peoples General for almost 5 years. But never say never, maybe in the future.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

have spent many happy hours on Peoples General in the past :roll: :wink:
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

There will be an update that releases at the same time as the upcoming iPad release. No firm date atm though!

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the news / info and update then
Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

zakblood_slith wrote:have spent many happy hours on Peoples General in the past :roll: :wink:
Try it againe, there are many new mods available like 1812, Napoleon, Cold war, 30 years war , 7 years war and........much more.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

i think i will as i enjoyed it last time i played it, ty
jack54
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by jack54 »

IronFist wrote:I just played with it; it doesn't allow what you want to do so my mistake, sorry about that. If you change the army size to custom, it does allow you to assign any sized force you want but it keeps both army sizes the same. It doesn't allow you to make them different. By default the AI's side gets a force point advantage, so you can erase that but you can give yourself a point advantage.
Screen_00000001.jpg
Do we still think this is WAD? I was actually hoping the last patch (104) had changed this. I play skirmish most of the time and find this odd.
Igorputski
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Igorputski »

This is a point I might concede if they make a possible optional (see ironfist I can type optional) random feature if it balanced for fairness and at least a chance of winning. I prefer random anytime and anywhere and any way I can get it. Not knowing the number of points the enemy gets to buy units can be as much fun as selecting them outright.
Igorputski

Post by Igorputski »

I did find a way you can handicap yourself vs the ai. Just don't buy all the points worth you are given. I only bought 250 or so points in a 500 point game vs the ai and the ai spent all 500 while I only had half as much. Seems to work ok if you are handicapping the ai and that really is what most should be doing.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Igorputski wrote:I did find a way you can handicap yourself vs the ai. Just don't buy all the points worth you are given. I only bought 250 or so points in a 500 point game vs the ai and the ai spent all 500 while I only had half as much. Seems to work ok if you are handicapping the ai and that really is what most should be doing.
I never thought of this... :oops: ... seems to accomplish exactly what I wanted.

Thanks!

Return to “Hell”