Why no WWG(Warwagons) in P&S?

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Why no WWG(Warwagons) in P&S?

Post by AlexDetrojan »

I recently came across an old DBA(De Bellis Antiquitatus)extension into the Renaissance period up to the 1800's, where many Eastern European armies of this period had Wwg's in their Oobs. This document had Phil Barker and Richard Bodley Scott's monikers on it, so it seems legit. My question is, why are War-wagons not present in this iteration of P&S?
Cheers
Alex
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Why no WWG(Warwagons) in P&S?

Post by rbodleyscott »

Because we deemed (in the light of hindsight) that they are better represented as field fortifications rather than as a sort of medieval tank.
Richard Bodley Scott

AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

rbodleyscott wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:48 am Because we deemed (in the light of hindsight) that they are better represented as field fortifications rather than as a sort of medieval tank.
Fair enough...although a medieval tank would be kind of cool...
Cheers
Alex
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

AlexDetrojan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:38 pm
rbodleyscott wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:48 am Because we deemed (in the light of hindsight) that they are better represented as field fortifications rather than as a sort of medieval tank.
Fair enough...although a medieval tank would be kind of cool...
Cheers
Alex

I'm sure you have seen DaVincis sketches of "tanks" . Fully armoured hull studded with cannon and rotating scythes and bades, powered by humans turning cranks and levers haha!

Return to “Pike & Shot”