Teutonic Knights

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Teutonic Knights

Post by AlexDetrojan »

I play the Extra Nations mod a lot(it's quite good), and recently have been playing the historical enemies of the Teutonic Knights. I am struggling a bit to find an effective strategy and an effective army mix to counter the pretty robust Teutons. Their pike blocks(although only a thousand strong) are a menace to the historical opponents who by and large are shooty cavalry type armies. Any insights by you P&S veterans would be appreciated.
Cheers
Alex
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Teutonic Knights

Post by TheGrayMouser »

AlexDetrojan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:02 am I play the Extra Nations mod a lot(it's quite good), and recently have been playing the historical enemies of the Teutonic Knights. I am struggling a bit to find an effective strategy and an effective army mix to counter the pretty robust Teutons. Their pike blocks(although only a thousand strong) are a menace to the historical opponents who by and large are shooty cavalry type armies. Any insights by you P&S veterans would be appreciated.
Cheers
Alex
Dont let your shooty types get caught and slowly grind them down. It is surprising how good the list represents them in the late 1500's... Apart from the dubious quality of some landsnectes whom were probobly their best troops, the rest should be raw quality at best , even the "order knights".
AlexDetrojan

Re: Teutonic Knights

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Thanks!

Return to “Pike & Shot”