Battle to darkness.

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Battle to darkness.

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Recently I've had two games that have gone the distance till nightfall. And in both of them I was declared the loser, although in one, I was ahead in causing damage to my enemies troops. Anyone frequently battle till darkness falls? And maybe more importantly lose the match even though the enemy has lost more troops?
Just curious.
Alex
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Battle to darkness.

Post by rbodleyscott »

AlexDetrojan wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:41 pm Recently I've had two games that have gone the distance till nightfall. And in both of them I was declared the loser, although in one, I was ahead in causing damage to my enemies troops. Anyone frequently battle till darkness falls? And maybe more importantly lose the match even though the enemy has lost more troops?
Just curious.
Alex
These are the normal SP victory conditions in SP open battle games.
Richard Bodley Scott

Odenathus
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Battle to darkness.

Post by Odenathus »

In MP games the designer can specify if one side or the other loses in the event of a draw in casualties: it's a good way of forcing that side to attack, so you'd generally choose the one that did historically.

Return to “Pike & Shot”