The More I Play This Game...

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

The More I Play This Game...

Post by AlexDetrojan »

...the more I like it. What a wonderful game. Just thought I would put that out there. :D
Cheers
Alex
Pixel
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: The More I Play This Game...

Post by Pixel »

Agreed!
Image Image
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

There is great depth in this game, and every once in a while the AI pulls off a wonderful move, much to my surprise. The other day I was playing 1513+ ish Scots army against those nasty English meddlers. Well first turn the English had their army pretty well arrayed as I would expect them, with the vast majority of their horse on their left flank. Being the Scots, I was a wee bit week on the cavalry units and played a gambit of putting all my horse on my right flank(opposite, as it turns out, across from the English horse). What happened next surprised me, They advanced their infantry in the centre to pin me and instead of advancing their horse straight into my horse, they swung all their horse around behind their troops and into my horse-less other flank! Never seen such tactics in any games AI(pretty much what a competent and bold general might do). Needless to say, carnage ensued.
Like I said much depth and enjoyment.
Alex
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

one day i promise i'll add it to my collection
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

zakblood wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:52 pm one day i promise i'll add it to my collection
Be warned, it's addictive! :wink:

Return to “Pike & Shot”