Impact Troops

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Impact Troops

Post by AlexDetrojan »

So pardon me for being an absolute noob, but I've just dabbled my toes into the Le Roi Soleil era(previously immensely enjoying Age of Machiavelli) and am playing the French. I came across in both foot and horse, the descriptor 'impact troops' in the description. Well I didn't notice this in other eras with regards to troops. My questions are: 1) does this descriptor function in the same way as in FOG I or FOG II? 2) If yes(or no), in exactly what way does this benefit these troop types? Is this something particular to the French, or do other nations get this? I've just set up the battle so I haven't had a chance to see how this works. Does this reflect a tactical doctrine by the French not to engage in an overly long fire fight and just get into the scrum?
Any insights by you fine folks is as usual, always appreciated.
Cheers
Alex
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Impact Troops

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Shooting less effective Impact more effective. Look at the combat specs, press control before you charge.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

It's all in the manual.

Impact horse are at +100 poa against most opponents except heavy Lancers (who they almost never face) and pike, bayonet, or protected infantry.

Impact foot get +100 against infantry. The downside is that their close range fire is at 3/4 effect, as they are reserving fire for their charge. Note that Swedish salvo foot get +200 impact vs infantry, so impact foot would be at a -100 poa disadvantage vs salvo foot on impact.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Thanks guys, great answers.
Cheers
Alex

Return to “Pike & Shot”